The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

95-99 Non Turbo Fuel Filter Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The fuel filter is located on the passenger side about 8 - 10 inches before the rear wheel and it's about 6 - 7 inches under the car. there are only 6 bolts needed to be taken off. 2 for the bracket that holds the filter on and 1 that secures a break line to that bracket . use a 12mm socket for those 3 bolts. the other 2 bolts are the main inlet and outlet screws. use a 3/4" box wrench for the outlet side, because a socket won't fit up there. use a 3/4" socket on the inlet side. the last bolt is a very small size socket, i don't remember what size, i think it was an 8mm or 9mm socket. this last bolt holds the filter inside the bracket. there will be a real nice bit of gas all over the place if you don't use a pan of some sort to catch the gas. just make sure you take note of the which side is which on the filter when you put the new one in place, if you mess that up your car won't run very well. and if anyone is reading this and is about to go buy a fuel filter then READ THIS: if you have a 95-98 talon, the parts catalogs at most autozone's, advanced auto parts, pepboys, napa, etc. say that you need fuel filter # FF634. i bought that filter before i saw what mine looked like (i have a 96 talon by the way). when i got it home, it was too big, so i had to go back to autozone and have them look up a 96 eclipse to see if it listed a different fuel filter... it did. the correct fuel filter for 95-99 eclipses/talons is #FF611. i hope this will save tons of time for everyone changing their fuel filter. i'm glad i could help anyone out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back