The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 95-96 and 97-99 Wiring Harness Differences

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zckry

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 1, 2008
North, Texas
I'm trying to get my hands on a wiring harness for my 98 GSX but the only ones people seem to have are the 95-96 ones.

I'd like to know what the differences are and what I might need to change on the harness to work with my GSX if it were stock (it won't be that just a good starting point for me to go off of).

The 95 Harness has a single fuel/mpfi relay where as on later cars they are separate. Other than that there are other minute differences you should be able to work out except for the different CAS in the 97 plus models that use a different plug.

Its best to stick with the right harness. The 95 CAS has an inverted signal and you would have to use dsmlink to use it.

Is there any way to go around the fuel pump wiring using the 95 harness in a 97

Is there any way to go around the fuel pump wiring using the 95 harness in a 97

i didnt know about the differences in the fuel pump relay between 2gs. That said, yes, you could wire in a relay to run the pump with the *KEY* switch on. And in the same stroke run heavier pos and ground wire to the pump so youre doing the traditional "rewire" at the same time.

Last edited:
besides that are both of the harnesses similar? So the only way to rewire it is with a switch? So every time I get in the car I would have to press a switch to start the car?

What "switch"?? No, you would wire your ignition 12v switched (keyswitch in ON position) wire to the coil of a relay. The other side of coil is ground then 8 or 10ga positive from battery to the relay and out to fuel pump. Thats not that complicated. You wouldnt be flipping a switch at all. The switch is the RELAY.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back