The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

94 Talon ES SE - 167hp 4g63 N/A engine??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beloden

Probationary Member
Dec 11, 2003
Charlotte, North_Carolina
is there anything like that?
if so, what is the difference between that engine and regular 4g63 N/A (135hp)?
there most be something that make that engine produce 32hp more.
anybody know?

Thanks,
Denis

and yes, i been searching for couple days now, i try everything, but didnt find the answer.

here

can 300cc Fuel injectors and long lift period cams (same as turbo on intake and exhaust) add 32hp?

was there anything else to get that extra 32hp :confused:
anybody know?

oops, im dumb. i had posted then went t the link.

yes the turbo cams are bigger. the tsi 5 spd cams and the 300cc injectors would give about 32 hp. i know the tsi cams are bigger by a good amount, and im sure the rest of the turbo cams are bigger.

the auto turbo cams are the smallest and the 5spd cam are the bigger turbo cams.

i know the auto turbo had 320cc injestors i beleive.

does anybody know where i can get some 300cc injectors? or which model have them?
and do i need to upgrade anything else with them?
will 320cc injectors work as well?

thank you for the answers.

i think the injectors have the same imedence and all. so if the impedence is the same then yes it will work.

if you do the injectors youll have to do the cams as well i think. not sure the cams in it stock wil upport the extra fuel. it might though.

i dont really worry about cams, cuz its a mechanical part, which i can do without any problems. but injectors are more like an electric part. thats why i was wondering, if i have to replace a computer, or anything else with it. i guess i dont. so its much simplier then i thought. :D
i guess i might do that :D 32hp is a GOOD number for me :thumb:

thanks na90dsm

no prob.

one thing though. a warning. the injector harness plug that plugs into the injector sux. it has this little wire in it that hold it to the injector. you have to be very careful and pull that out to get the pkug off.

if you dont youll wind up doing what i had to do and superglue the hell outta the plug to get it back on. but it will never come off

good luck glad i could help

Originally posted by beloden
does anybody know where i can get some 300cc injectors? or which model have them?
and do i need to upgrade anything else with them?
will 320cc injectors work as well?

thank you for the answers.

if you run the bigger injectors you will prolly have to get the turbo maf the turbo ecu and a resistor pack and wire that in as well as gettin the turbo cams you'll need them too.. i got all that and it made a diff.. except i got the turbo 450cc injectors in my car now...

n/t ecu should handle those injectors. he shouldnt have to go through all that unless the injectors have a different impedence which im not sure about.

anyone knwo the injectors impedences for the n/t and turbo injectors?

it probably had a specail ecu........ if you just slap on bigger injectors, the ecu will still think that you have the smaller injectors and you will be running rich. bigger injectors and an safc to lean them out would give a decent increase with the turbo cam because more air and fuel would be entering at a proper ratio

ok, 2 Q. now:

1. do i need both cams, or i just need one (intake from turbo) ?

2. will turbo ecu work? sence i will be using turbo injectors. or i realy need safc?

thanks for the answers
Denis

for the record i have never seen, heard of, or seen any proof of the existence of the so called se nt version that made 167 hp. in that same thread he also claims incorrect facts about the flywheel and other items. believe what you will, but i have seen no indication of any truth behind this special k vin.

i never heard that either, thats why i asked.
but the q. now is: will those mods add you that hp? and would they work corectly? :confused:

for one you wouldn't need bigger injectors, there's not enough air comign to really need them. now you could put them in there, then hook up an s-afc and remove fuel and try to get a little better timing, but that wouldn't do a whole lot. the cams will help, but not 32 hp worth. i wouldn't expect more than 15-20 with big hks cams, the stockers might add 5-10 at the very best.

5-10 hp would be good enough for me. I'm thinking about getting both cams from a turbo just for the hell of it. And having them installed when I get my timing belt replaced. When ever that'll be. :rolleyes: I hope it'll be soon. Cars got 56k miles on it. I'll probably just goto a junkyard and pull the cams out of a wreaked TSI. They shouldn't be real exspensive.

~Andrew~:laser:

I thought the whole K VIN code sounded a little fishy. I can look it up today at work if there is such a thing (The Jiffy Lube computer system has every VIN code in the system :D ). Why DSM would do such a thing is beyond me, but I'll go with it until I find out otherwise. I'm willing to try it out anyway. I'll get the injectors and the cams and see what happens, it's not gonna hurt anything should it? I'll have all the old parts still so if something drastic does happen I can put the old ones back in.

Originally posted by 84fiero4speed
I thought the whole K VIN code sounded a little fishy. I can look it up today at work if there is such a thing (The Jiffy Lube computer system has every VIN code in the system :D ). Why DSM would do such a thing is beyond me, but I'll go with it until I find out otherwise. I'm willing to try it out anyway. I'll get the injectors and the cams and see what happens, it's not gonna hurt anything should it? I'll have all the old parts still so if something drastic does happen I can put the old ones back in.
It'll hurt your engine by knocking if you run lean and it will foul your spark plugs if you run rich. And both ways will also decrease your maximum power.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back