The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

94 Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picture update/Intake Manifold Gasket/GM MAFT/LC-2

-Engine bay after the GM MAF and Translator installed. Translator is installed inside the cab.
IMG_7005[1].jpg
-Had some extra HIDs laying around' so I hooked it up to the brights.
IMG_7024[1].jpg
-Without brights on.
IMG_7020[1].jpg
-Wider view of engine bay
eb1.jpg
-Open hood - Don't mind the wood :p
fv1.jpg
-Close up
hd1.jpg
-Old IM Gasket
imp.jpg
-Cleaned and OEM Gasket
oemimg.jpg
-First Interior Picture of the Build!
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like the blue 90 coupler and Red battery are throwing my bay look all out of whack :notgood:

I'll see what I can do about that... I also plan on coating the intake pipes I have black. I like the idea of a stealthed out bay. :ninja:

I made a few pulls tonight of 50% throttle and WOT, simply made a video of the wideband during the pull. Lousy method of tuning, but until my OBD1 to USB cable gets here I am unable to log using TunerProRT. I'm having an issue uploading the videos, I'll have to look around to see how to upload videos on this sight, never been able to figure it out.

Ordered a few things today.

-Blacktop 450s -classifieds
Picked these up for 65 bucks, 2 of my injectors are really messed up, the tips of them are cracked.
-Inj Resistor pack- found on facebook LOL
-OEM Seals and Insulators from the guys at STM

Last but not least.. I was getting confused on " how to make your own usb to obd1" cable, as far as what things I need to buy. I just saved myself the confusion and ordered a v3 cable over from the guys at ECMlink.

Next update will be installing 450s and resistor, showing how I wired in the switchbacks for the side markers, and when my cable gets here I'll post up my first log. And yes, pictures are coming I have a list of things I need to take pics of :p

Corner Housing Blinkers
1gb's don't have a 3 wire connector on the side lens like the 1ga's do, so I picked up 2 generic 1157 connector from work and ordered another set of switchbacks to match the front

Intake Stealthification :ninja:

So I decided to address my discomfort with the look of my intake setup, looks a little thrown together. Here is the whole setup from the throttle body. I welded up the reducer by the filter this morning. I need more welding practice they came out ooogly.
mafset.jpg

Took everything inside, disassembled it and washed everything. Except the MAF of course.. After the cleaning I gave the piping a 2 coats of header paint, than 2 coats of my favorite stuff. :sneaky: The blue 90' coupler I sprayed 3 coats of plastidip. Everything came out pretty nice but it's still drying.
coat1.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere..
coat2.jpg

Ahh, much better :thumb:
setcoat.jpg

& Reinstalled.
yerfah.jpg

Last edited:
that's one nice 1g n/t man, makes me miss my n/t I had (also my first 1g dsm), everything was so clean you could eat food off any part of the car.
Love the bay also, done a very nice job with it. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
450 Install, First logs

450s arrived, along with new O-rings and insulators, resistor pack, and my ECMlink cable.

New O-rings and insulators on
injseor.jpg

Old 240s on left, new 450s on right.
injonrail.jpg

All new
allrail.jpg

Wired up the resistor pack
injwiring.jpg

& the link to the logs.
1G 94 6bolt swap first logs - DSM Forums
My computer didn't have the program to open up the logs from the website, but I was able to go back and view them in tunerPro, The download is free if anyone want's to use it for viewing purposes.
429444-how-log-your-1g-tuner-pro-rt

Last edited:
Made a few more logs tonight, trying to get everything dialed in but TunerPro doesn't list a total trim in the values so I have to go off low, mid, high trims and the o2 trims. Makes it a bit more confusing but oh well.

Finally got my other set of 1157 switchbacks in!

These are going to be for the side markers.

I wired the generic connecter that has a wire for the turn signal into the front signal and resistor for the switchbacks.

I didn't like how my corner's looked way newer than my headlights, I still haven't found a set of clear headlights. To deal with that, I decided to see how it would look to paint the corner lense black with a Mitsubishi emblem showing the light, with some careful taping and preparation they came out pretty nice..

Running lamps, no headlights.
siderunning.jpg

Right turn signal.
sideturn.jpg

I'll take some pics tonight to see how they'll look at night.

Another picture. Things are going pretty good with the car , I've got the injectors dialed in and she's running good. Gonna sit back for a while, I'm thinking my next upgrade will be a turbo trans, and I'm basically going to be replacing everything pertaining to the suspension. Gonna drop her about 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back.

I've been noticing that I just don't stick to the road , the whole car moves like a boat and it's due to the 20 year old suspension. I plan to save up about $5-6 grand between the trans and suspension, as this will be the beginning of Stage 1- my initial turbo setup. Eventually I plan to use an Evo3 16g, dsmlink and run e85 on a mid compression setup on low boost: 12-15 lbs. I won't be doing any heavy updates for a while. Probably just maintenance and cosmetic topics.

I could go turbo already but I feel I need to get the rest of the car in proper condition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 46
Getting to update finally!
I've been working quite a bit, & haven't had as much time to get some things done to the white mamba :p

BUT, I have done a few things..

Got rid of the 90° 2 1/2" pipe for 3" diameter I'm running directly off the GM MAF. Also got an Optima from my work for a good deal. My old battery was leaking. Plus it was from auto zone :barf:;)

Also got rid of the diamond corner lense, just left 'em a little smokey.

Front lip anyone? Turned out alright. 10256787_303492679813742_4557551847224020026_o.jpg

In the upcoming weeks I plan to redo the suspension. Struts, springs. Going with KYB AGX's and the Eibach sport-lines.
I've looked at the ball joints, tie rods, bushings, etc and a lot of it is worn. Everything will be takin apart and cleaned/replaced.

I will also be getting a turbo trans while I'm doin this :hellyeah:

Next to come is stock piling for the turbo swap.

Items I still need are...
Fuel pump/rewire
FMIC & intake.
Bov
Turbo (I know I'm going to start off with a 16g)
Manifold
Wastegate. Going to be dumped.
Downpipe
Going to make a electric cutout, I want something loud at the track but quiet on the street when off the boost.
Sending out the pistons to get inspected, re ringed.
Head studs
Clutch
Flywheel

I really would like some better rims and tires before I hit the track, but these will have to do for daily driving 'till I can rack up some money.
If I can get a hang of reading everything on TunerPro I might try that as an initial set up. If I don't feel comfortable I'll just skip the BS and get link. Which I will do eventually.

Last edited:
Just a quick update with some pictures.

New battery. She needs a detail under the hood but it's been so dusty here it's near impossible to keep her clean :(
image.jpg

Eibach springs are on the way, I'm ordering the KYB struts next week.

Also found some tailights at the junk in damn good condition, picked 'em up for 60 bucks. I changed mufflers from the unknown brand, it was sounding as little raspy at certain Rpms and I didn't like the dual exit. Switched to a Flow 10 series which is a little loud. Thinking about putting a resonator in line to tone it down a bit.

image.jpg

Suspension stuff finally came in today!!
image.jpg

Got the new springs and struts installed. Gives a nice subtle look without dropping it too much, I like it !
image.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back