1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

93 talon es rear breaks

Posted by Trent205, May 22, 2019

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Trent205

Trent205 Probationary Member

Joined May 18, 2019
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums. Been reading quite a bit off of here this past two weeks. And it’s seems I should have bought a TSI LOL

Anyways I bought just a ES version of the talon, no turbo.... :( but it’s still a lot of fun to drive! :)

So I’ve replaced plugs, wires, and now I’m moving onto the rear pads. I’m finding some conflicting information on whether or not the calipers are the normal push in type or they’re the screw in type ....

I changed out my moms recently and they were the screw in kind.... horrible experience LOL

So ya what’s the deal, are they screw or push?

Thanks in advance :)

Street Build 146  1

1993 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. o0GuitarKid0o

o0GuitarKid0o Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2013
    Winnipeg ,MB, MB, Canada
    Does your car have a drum looking thing behind the rotor ? If so you dont need the special tool to do em . (Not the rotor cover that attaches to the knuckle )

It's been a few years since I did my rear brakes on my 1991 but does the parking brake cable go onto the caliper ? Someone with a 93 will chime in.

If you do need the tool any auto parts store sells the cube looking thing that you put a 1/2 in wrench onto.

Street Build 566  7

1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    fwd · automatic · 1G DSM
  3. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    If it's rear disc brakes it's screw in.

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Trent205

Trent205 Probationary Member

Joined May 18, 2019
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Well I decided to buy the part anyways cause it was on sale for $10 :) good thing too cause it was a twisty caliper. Once I figured out how to remove the E-Brake it was probably the easiest brake pad change I’ve ever done LOL

Thanks for the response:)

Street Build 146  1

1993 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. o0GuitarKid0o

o0GuitarKid0o Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2013
    Winnipeg ,MB, MB, Canada
    Right on man you won't have to buy that tool again in your lifetime comes in handy!

Street Build 566  7

1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    fwd · automatic · 1G DSM