The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

93 talon 4g63t 7bolt head gasket (upper gasket set part #?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerwhale

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2007
Victoria, BC_Canada
Does anyone have a list of all part #'s (or a package) for the gaskets, injector rings, etc needed for an overhaul / head gasket replacement on a 93 eagle talon 4g63t 7-bolt trans.

Effin head gasket couldn't have started to go at a worse time.. I'm going to Italy in a couple of months and still trying to save up for the trip.

Also I'm not sure if the timing belt was ever done so I was thinking I should replace that too (and anything else necessary in the process).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I've never attempted anything this big before. I have a haynes manual and an $800 budget (CAD) set.. Hopefully that's enough because the mechanics I've talked to want around $1500-2300 for the job (including parts).

Thanks

Nevermind I found a pretty decent overhaul package. Only parts not incl. are: Throttle body gasket, Throttle body elbow gasket, Injector O-rings and insulators, Half Moon seal for the valve cover.

MD971620

In case anyone else needs it.

the head is the same as a 90-mid 92. I just did a headgasket on mine (cometic) headstuds you have to use 7-bolt studs (I switched to ARP). Cometic sells a kit, if not topline is ok for a stock rebuild or a evo 3 metal headgasket and topline seal kit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back