The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 93 GST Clutch pedal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isnyder074

Probationary Member
Feb 10, 2022
Melbourne, Florida
I have a 93 gst. Clutch pedal goes halfway down normally then snaps to the floor. New slave, used pedal assembly 8 months ago. Could the coil spring on the clutch pedal assembly bad? Like it snaps hard to the floor. And then you pull it back up and it snaps up to place.

Has it just started doing this? What you describe is how the spring is designed to work. The clutch fingers should be offering more resistance at the pedal if the hydraulics was solid. You’ve either got low fluid (assume you checked…), or air got in, or there is a leak past the m.c. piston. Mine clutch pedal did this around a year ago, while driving!!

Has it just started doing this? What you describe is how the spring is designed to work. The clutch fingers should be offering more resistance at the pedal if the hydraulics was solid. You’ve either got low fluid (assume you checked…), or air got in, or there is a leak past the m.c. piston. Mine clutch pedal did this around a year ago, while driving!!
Literally did it yesterday around 5 o'clock. First time I have ever driven the car. Just bought it as a project on the 5th of February. I drove it about ten miles. No beating on it or anything yet I'm still feeling it out. Anyways. Car died in the middle of the street starter wouldn't turn over, push started it and the clutch immediately hit the floor. I pulled it back up and the spring on the pedal assembly pops really loud and it goes back into the top position.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a bad master or fluid problem. Bad master is more likely as you've already replaced slave.

You called it.

I just got the car back put of storage and pulled it over to my house so it's in my garage now. Will be getting a lot more work done to it in the coming months. Master was shot though.

It was the Master. Feels amazing now. Problem solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back