The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

93 geo storm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91gsdohc

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2010
around, Connecticut
might pick this up looks like a good deal but dont know much about these cars body looks good he wants 1500
93 Geo Storm, 74000 miles.
Daily driver.
Runs great.

~NEW PARTS~
Catback exhaust
Down pipe
Starter
Tints (all around)

A great DD, it is really a "Isuzu Impulse" minus everything that makes it a great AWD. I would try to look for a Impulse before this buy, But still not a bad buy.

I had a 92 storm. It had 72K and I paid $725. It was my winter beater. It ran like a champ and I beat the living piss out of it. I ended up giving it away. It was scary to drive above 70mph though, and was dogshit slow. But it got me from point A to point B. I think $1,500 is a bit high though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

yea he said 1500 firm but ima try and get it lower in person for 74k good on gas looks good and i read reviews that said these handle "sporty" how true is that.. thats what im looking for right now something reliable good on gas but not liking the slow part=[

id say 1500 for those miles is a damn good deal.

The storms are great, reliable, 40mpg. They love to rust though so watch for that.
My uncle bought his brand new in 91, a 92 model. I believe he had around 140k miles on it when he sold it to his neighbor in 98 when he bought a truck new. Thing was still running with around 250k last time I saw it, now owned by his neighbors friend except a lot rustier.

id say 1500 for those miles is a damn good deal.

The storms are great, reliable, 40mpg. They love to rust though so watch for that.
My uncle bought his brand new in 91, a 92 model. I believe he had around 140k miles on it when he sold it to his neighbor in 98 when he bought a truck new. Thing was still running with around 250k last time I saw it, now owned by his neighbors friend except a lot rustier.

No way you'll get 40mpg. I struggled getting 30.

Also, they handle like a lumber wagon. They are nimble, but only because they are small and light. And at higher speeds they were not fun to drive. Little bumps or dips in the road at anything about 70 was terrifying. I though I had a bad spring, or strut. Sadly that wasn't the case. I inspected everything and the only thing that needed to be replaced was the CV joints. Mine was a hatch back, so that probably played a roll in how shitty it handled.

It was a tank though, I will give it that. I put that little thing through hell and back and it kept going. :thumb:

Depending on the model, it could be a good buy. The gsi model came with a 1.8l twin cam that wasn't shabby in that car. The gsi also came with wider wheel and tire package and larger brakes. But as previously stated, they handle terribly.

someone put mods on a Geo?! smack him after you buy it for the sake of having an exhaust on a hippie car ###

A friend of mine had the DOHC model. It handled horribly even with new struts, solid chassis parts, and an alignment. I always thought it had a top heavy oversteerish feeling. Little zigzags around bumps or whatever felt like you were about to lose control. I can't even imagine driving one over 45 mph.

It's like when you begin to turn first the car leans, then it feels like it's turning more than you intended.

A friend of mine had the DOHC model. It handled horribly even with new struts, solid chassis parts, and an alignment. I always thought it had a top heavy oversteerish feeling. Little zigzags around bumps or whatever felt like you were about to lose control. I can't even imagine driving one over 45 mph.

It's like when you begin to turn first the car leans, then it feels like it's turning more than you intended.

Pretty much sums it up perfectly

its not the gsi sadly .....and glad to know these cars can go to hell and back because i like to bring my cars to hell=] but this is a option i just came a across a 73 nova 350 big cams rebuilt carb engine looks clean think it just needs "metal" work asking 1800.. see if i cann get it for 1400-1500

That's bringing in a whole new aspect. It probably needs quarter panels and floor pans which is a lot more body work than I would want to do.

That's bringing in a whole new aspect. It probably needs quarter panels and floor pans which is a lot more body work than I would want to do.

this is the ad for the nova *************1973 CHEVY NOVA 2 DR****************

i talk to him and he got some big cams high lift and high duration kills gas mileage
he said just the out side needs work its not that bad but idk or think i would want that as a dd i got im down to like 1400

going to look/pick upthe geo tomorrow if i get it ill post up some pics.... i know im going to hate going slow but 35-40mpgs reliable 74k miles for 1300... but in the end a good DD is what need... ill find someway to have fun with car

heres some picks more tomorrow

Attachments

• storm1.jpg
    storm1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 39
  • storm2.jpg
    storm2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 38
  • storm3.jpg
    storm3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 41
  • storm4.jpg
    storm4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 35
  • storm5.jpg
    storm5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 44
  • storm6.jpg
    storm6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 37
  • storm7.jpg
    storm7.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 42
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back