The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

93 EVO1 GSR dyno results.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTurboTuner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
Rslv, Arkansas
Hi guys
I got my EVO1 dynoed the other day. FINALLY!!!
I've had been waiting months for PINA Motorsports to receive their new Dyno Dynamics Dynometer. It finally came! :) I wanted to share my results with you all.

HP & A/F ratio
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Boost & A/F ratio

217 WHP. spikes to 16.5psi, drops to 15psi (1.13Bar - 1.03Bar)
218 WHP. spikes to 16.5psi, drops to 15psi (1.13Bar - 1.03Bar)
218 WHP. spikes to 17 psi, drops to 16psi (1.17Bar - 1.10Bar
221 WHP. spikes to 18.5psi, drops to 16.5psi (1.27Bar - 1.13Bar)

I hear Dyno Dynamic read lower like Mustang Dyno's similar to Buschur's. Also it is HP @ the wheels .....Sorry I don't know BHP?

THIS POWER WAS MADE THROUGH THE HOOD! :)
Every pull was done with the hood closed, running my Cold Air Box through the intake on the hood ....just as it would be run on the street.

Something happend on the 1st run as you can see the HP drop around 6000RPM and raised again @ 6500RPM. I do not have any data logging device, and no tuning device, because the US does not sell anything for JDM EVOs. I assume the drop in power was Knock, but it didnt happen again, (only on the 1st run) so I don't know.

Air/Fuel was pig rich dropping to 10.2/1 by 6000RPM. I was hoping I could raise the boost and lean it out, but that actually made it more rich by about .3-.4

With the close ratio rally trans, I was doing about 100mph at the top of 4th @ 7000RPM. We compared that to a 1G DSM dyno run in 3rd, and it was about even. I was also about 7mph slower in 4th gear, than a 6speed MR9 in 4th.

MODS:
*My Custom Intake pipe & Cold Air Box. (Intake through the Hood)
*EVO3 o2 housing
*3" Turbo back w/ Cat
*Walbro255, - no pressure reg
*HKS hard IC pipes
*HKS BOV
*HKS EVC. (Boost. +5psi over stock. (+0.34Bar))
*Running 94oct fuel
~Stock 16g
~Stock ECU
~Stock Tune

It weighs 2740lbs (1243kg) with full interior, full tank of gas, and all spare tire stuff. With my only power mods being Intake, Exhaust w/Cat, Fuel pump, and 4-5psi extra over stock ...I'm happy with the power, but I need help ...I NEED TO FIND TUNING EQUIPMENT. Does anyone have any idea where I could find some things to log and tune my EVO1? Any help or info would be appreciated!

Here are a few pics

Thanks!:dsm:

Kudos to you! :thumb: Keeps us informed!

Now, how about some under-the-hood photos? ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back