The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

92 Tsi brake upgrade after abs delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsekid1013

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2010
hudson, New_York
Hey guys I just finihed my abs delete. I'm replacing all my calipers and looking to upgrade to the 93 two. Piston front brakes. Since I deleted abs will there be any issues? Just need front calipers brackets rotors and pads?

It's works fine, just make sure you use the non-abs proportioning valve. While you're doing all that, I'd look into the Outlander brake upgrade. You may run into clearance issues on stock rims, but I'm not certain since I don't have stockers and didn't research that part.

Well I plan on keeping the car pretty stock. Did the jnz tuning abs delete. Snapped all the bleeders on stock calipers. So I'm going to order the 93 2 pistons and upgrade

If you are running the outlander front brakes on a 1 g wouldnt you need to use the 2g abs delete kit?

Very old thread but here is what I have done to 2 of my 1g cars. I put 2g calipers on them as a kit.
You can see it HERE, start at post #122 and HERE starting at post #92.
The 1g dual piston calipers are getting hard to find and this is a simple swap.
If you can find 1g calipers, then by all means, use them!

EDIT - Since it seemed that it was needed, I made a Tech Article for those that want to do the swap and all of that info can be had HERE for the conversion.
Marty

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back