The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 92 talon tsi won't rev past 3k without breaking up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrevolution31

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2020
Lake katrine, New_York
Someone please help me out here, i bought a stock 92 eagle talon tsi from an old man, only 100kmiles but i cant get the thing to rev past 3k without breaking up. Ive changed the maf, injectors, spark plugs, blah blah everything aside from the fuel pump and egr valve. Now theres also this weird clicking noise coming from the egr until i unplug it. Guess my question is what is that plug called above the egr valve , and could this issue be the fuel pump?? 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Is this a bone stock car?
Check mechanical timing.
Did it run like this when you bought it?
Yes the car is completely stock, its been sitting for a few years also. Its been doing this lag since ive taken it

Yes the car is completely stock, its been sitting for a few years also. Its been doing this lag since ive taken it
Also forgot to say it will rev eventually past 3-4k but not before breaking up

So it hasn't even run right in your possession? And it has years old gas in it? If that's correct I would test the fuel pump flow and prepare for a fuel pump change.

So it hasn't even run right in your possession? And it has years old gas in it? If that's correct I would test the fuel pump flow and prepare for a fuel pump change.
Yea it runs but your right the fuel is definitely old i can only imagine but im going to do the fuel pump and hope for the best LOL 😎🤙 thanks man

Yea it runs but your right the fuel is definitely old i can only imagine but im going to do the fuel pump and hope for the best LOL 😎🤙 thanks man
It's easy enough to do but at least see if it pumps. Pull the return and put a hose in a bucket. See what comes out. You could have a dozen problems. Fuel pressure would tell you if you want to go to the trouble

It's easy enough to do but at least see if it pumps. Pull the return and put a hose in a bucket. See what comes out. You could have a dozen problems. Fuel pressure would tell you if you want to go to the trouble
Ok im getting good fuel flow but im having a clicking noise coming from the egr valve, it goes away when i unplug the tan sensor located above it, any clue on what this plug is called?

Ok im getting good fuel flow but im having a clicking noise coming from the egr valve, it goes away when i unplug the tan sensor located above it, any clue on what this plug is called?
I'm guessing isc as well. If so it's not a sensor but an output. Worse, one that's bad can take out the ecu as well. A visual inspection might reveal an obvious issue. Ecu is behind radio and easy to get to by removing side carpet panels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back