The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

92 talon tsi build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiver557

Probationary Member
Feb 21, 2012
Kuna, Idaho
This is my first thread so its not going to be the best but just getting into cars coming from racing mx proffesionaly but first car and having fun so far.

92 talon tsi awd 2.0: just going to list what ive got and done so far. Pulled out the motor and did the bottomend with Manley H beam rods and wiseco Hd pistons 9:5:1. After that and moving onto the head i bought a 1g head done by Curt brown with 1mm valves with bronze guides. Putting in GSC S2 Cams. Has a JM Fab Intake. And last im running the aem ems computer.

Looking into and wanted to get some info on what turbo to be running with exshuast manifold. The car came with a 16g turbo and hahn racecraft manifold, but im looking into a hx35, 30.56, or 35.86, turbo. And Shearer, JM Fab, or Punishment Manfiold. I know i will be moving to a t3 flange but any suggestions or info on those??? Also any suggestions for a blowoff valve.

d867793d.jpg
[/IMG]
just looking for some info thanks :)

ATTACH]

4a667514.jpg

Attachments

• 4a667514.jpg
    4a667514.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
The hx35 isnt bad... But honestly remember you want something that will spool fast with little lag for MX, you arent drag racing really. If you go too big, you'll be all laggy... But so far so good.. And remember to set aside some g's for suspension and tires, rims, etc for those corners.

I won't be using it for autocross or anything it will be a daily driver and take to the drag strip and have fun on the weekends.

Be careful what exh manifold you go with. Personally I like the FP Race manifold. No worries of a cast manifold cracking. A street/strip turbo I am a huge fan of all the FP turbo's. I think you would really beneift from the DSM76 HTA. What fuel are you going to run would depend on inj size and fuel pump selection also. Blow off valve the tial Q is the best on the market hands down. Hope the build goes good!

ill be running pump when on the street and q16 for gas when at the strip.

So the motor is pretty close to being tuned by English racing. Went with the fp 3562 turbo And e85.

3cd0f15f.jpg

Shortblock:
2.0l motor that is .20 over
Weisco HD pistons(thanks to kiggly racing)
Manly turbo tuff rods
ACL bearings
Arp studs and bolts
balance shafts removed
all clearances we got from Kurt Brown
Machined by moffit and braton(sp?)

Head:
Kurt Brown cylinder head
1mm oversized valves
bronze guides
Kiggly valvesprings
FP2 Cams
Kiggly oil restrictor
Taylor spark plug wires( waiting on coil overs in the mail)

Intake:
JM fab sheetmetal intake
72 mm throttle body

Turbo and exhaust:
FP HTA DSM82 Turbo
FP race manifold
2.5" SS o2 housing
TiAL MV-R 44 mm wastegate and dump tube
TiAL Q Blow off valve
FP Exhaust manifold stud kit
FP -4an aluminum inline oil filter
-10 steel braided oil drain
FP Aluminum intake pipe(true 4" Justin ;)
Hallman boost controller
3" Downpipe to 3" exhaust with megan racing muffler

Electronics and such:
AEM Series 1
Aem wideband
Autometer boost
Autometer pyro

Drivetrain:
Clutch Master twin disk
stock trans
stock transfer case
new oem axles

Fuel System:
Walbro 255
Fuel lab fuel filter
fuel lab afpr
All braided hose
Precision 1000cc injectors

misc:
new oil pan
gates timing belt
gates alternator belt
new oil pump
new timing cover
new water pump
Aluminum Radiator
Front mount intercooler
jm fab small battery with a pc680
new alternator
wire tuck
abs delete
ac delete
power steering delete
jm fab coolant overflow
jm fab catch can
I am probably forgetting some
Also I am waiting on Magnus drag manifold v3 cast aluminum in the mail

Looking to go 11.00 and have fun on the street

Before and after pic. Valve cover was changed to the purple cus of a small crack. It also came with a new catch can that got ride of my wind shield wippers

f65a016b.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back