The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

92 Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undefined0000

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
Since I got the car this is what I have done:

1. Painted the carpets black with engine enamel and truck bed paint to cover up the 20 years worth of stains.

2. Removed the back seat (just because all of the other kids on campus with 2-doors do it) and painted the floor with truck bed paint there as well.

3. Just added some nice LED interior light strips for when the door opens. They fade to different colors.

Plans:
- Get this thing tuned right, I have my previous posting which describes my struggle at trying to fix this car up.
- Get it cleaned up on the outside. The paint is rough after 20 years and I want to get it painted black
- Lower it with a meghan lowering kit.
- Make it fast (Don't know how yet, but that is the whole reason why I am here)

Interior Before:

6r7q5e.jpg

Interior After (I painted the side panel too, and this was taken with the seat in, too lazy to take it back out again):

11vmo1f.jpg

More pics later on!

Just added a remote unlock system! After I get the motor running right, I'm going to buy one of the very fancy remote start systems and such!

Last edited:
Replaced intake manifold gasket and new plugs etc.

Painted too! (Not quite done yet)

14trf9y.jpg

Interior looks much better, Post some more pics during the day id like to see more.

Not the biggest fan of 1G's but you made the interior look nice

Interior looks much better, Post some more pics during the day id like to see more.

Not the biggest fan of 1G's but you made the interior look nice

Will do as soon as I get some new seats LOL. Looks like someone too a knife to the seats.

Added the Slotted & Drilled Rotors and ceramic Power Stop brakes, will add pics tomorrow. Adding Walbro 255 pump tomorrow.

Walbro 255 pump installed, AND its not all too loud. Turned out there was another china-made 255 pump in there from a previous owner, AND the gas tank had water in it and corroded the contacts for the fuel gauge. A little sanding later and it works. Also slapped on a new TB without shaft seal leaks and Thats one less vacuum leak. it idles at 800rpm with about 17inHg. Still gotta find the rest.

Last edited:
Spray painting the rims just because I'm bored. Decided to give white a try. Did black on my last car and wanted to go the opposite. I might do gold on the inside of the arms of the rims.

29za2yo.jpg

More and more headaches. Did a BLT again and noticed that the PCV valve is holding like NO pressure. Don't wanna drive the car with a non-functioning PCV, gonna order that on weds. Exhaust manifold gets here tomorrow. Excited for that! Will be back with pictures.

Wishlist, also a reminder for me:

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=20110&cat=0&page=1

Required, purchase (Weds)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSM-1G-2-0-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d3b8a3fd&vxp=mtr

Gonna run just that, no muffler until I get a ticket or two. Need to scare away the hondas.

Purchasing hopefully by Monday.

True, didn't think about that LOL.

Alright. Exhaust manifold issues have been taken care of. Wasn't able to get the new manifold on yet because I wasn't comfortable with it, but still runs better. I'm starting to think that I have crappy compression because I've tested and tested for leaks and I just can't see any reason why I would have 10inHg idle vac and why my boost doesn't feel well.

Wideband AEM Uego is in the mail!

My reading of 10inHg was false. Its actually more like 13-14, which is better, but still pretty leaky. I know TB shaft seals are leaking, but no clue what else could be. I know my pcv valve doesn't sit in its thread good because its broken, but being that its open-vented up there anyway, I wouldn't think it would cause a leak.Anyway, time to search and research.

i would like to see some more pics of the carpet if you have some

also what did you use to dye/color it?

i would like to see some more pics of the carpet if you have some

also what did you use to dye/color it?

I'm actually going to be re-doing the interior to red, and I used a concoction of truck bed paint and engine enamel. Its held up thus far. They do make carpet paint, but I didn't discover that until I was finished. Probably put about $100 into painting the carpets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back