The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

92 talon tsi awd 6 bolt or 7?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsuclipsegsx

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 5, 2004
Dover plains, New_York
My friend crashed his 92 awd and i was wondering is it s 7 or 6bolt? it is auto if that matters?

thanks

6 bolt. Now you need to explain better what the point of this post is. Do you want the engine if it is 6 bolt. To use it on a manual tranny the reg 6 bolt will go right in. It dosent matter much if its a auto or mani if your just taking the engine. If you want the tranny thats a different story.

eldiabloz13 said:

You should do some research before you so confidently respond.
In mid 1992 they changed the 4g63 to a 7bolt crank, with other changes as well.
He could have either or.
You should check via the link i posted above.

"Completely" is not spelled with an "a," FYI. That is all I have to contribute.

check the date of production, if it's before may it's a 6bolt, after it's a 7 if it's right around may, then I'd check the oilpan to make sure.

Look inside the drivers side door, it will tell you the production date.

VanIsleDSM said:
check the date of production, if it's before may it's a 6bolt, after it's a 7 if it's right around may, then I'd check the oilpan to make sure.

That is not always true. My buddy has a Sep 92 GSX and it is an original 6bolt.

Like eveyone has said look under the car at the oil pan. You will know EXACTLY what you have with out having to go through a series of maybe's.

so does 6 bolt mean that there are 6 bolts that hold the flywheel onto the crank? I currently have my block apart in my garage and just wanted to make sure.

eric91gst said:
so does 6 bolt mean that there are 6 bolts that hold the flywheel onto the crank? I currently have my block apart in my garage and just wanted to make sure.

Yes, that is one of the main differences between the two motors.

i still cant tell form vfaq, so heres a pic, what do u think it is?

Attachments

• DSC02668.JPG
    DSC02668.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 97
I can't really tell at that angle

Here's where you can check it with the car on the ground. Just slide your hand between the oilpan and frame in the circled area, run your hand up to the oilpan flange under the crank sprocket, and see if the oilpan bumps out towards the driver's side or in towards the passenger side. Out = early, in = late block.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back