The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

92 talon ground up restore

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkrPerformance

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2002
plymouth, Minnesota
Here is the restore of my old 92 talon. I got the car it was a 4g63 n/a for dirt cheap to use as a D.D. at the time. The girl ran it out of coolant. So I did a turbo swap to it since I have a ton of parts laying around from parting out 40+ 1g's at the time.

The car was sold off as a shell 2 years ago. and now the built engine is in my 98 awd spyder and before that it was in a 93 evo 1 swap that was sold as a shell also.

The restore was all done in 2005. I used the car as my D.D. then the wife used it as her D.D. till I sold it off in 2009

here is right before I started on it. the car had a cheap macco paint job on it from the person I bought it from. I also replaced the fender they were also rusted out.
The white talon in the back ground was also mine at the time till I sold it to a buddy
talon1.jpg

talon2.jpg

talon3.jpg

talon4.jpg

the cuting out of the lower qt.'s to fix the rust
talon5.jpg

talon6.jpg

talon7.jpg

talon8.jpg

more rust fixing
talon11.jpg

talon12.jpg

talon15.jpg

talon18.jpg

all rust is fixed and is seam sealed
talon16.jpg

talon17.jpg

talon19.jpg

the start of the body work
talon9.jpg

talon10.jpg

talon20.jpg

the bumpers
talon13.jpg

talon14.jpg

Looks good i did similar work to my tsi, looking for another one for the shootoout, nice work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back