The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

92 talon build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1twistdtalon

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Gregory, South_Dakota
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hey all this is kind of a continuance of a old thread I had years ago. I ended up having to take time away from the hobby and didn't have space to do the work. So now that I have a new house and a shop able to continue the project .

Here is a link to my old thread
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/new-talon-purchase-hoped-to-come-home-in-a-week-or-two.357646/

Here is the last weeks progress

After pulling her apart I noticed the rear main bolts where all finger tight and that all the belts had been rubbing the lower timing cover so other then the broken piston rings and scared up piston and cylinder wall its a good thing I pulled it when I did .

Here is a list of things to come for the car my goal is 400awhp

Block

Eagle h beam rods
Manley .20 over 9:1 Pistons
New crank
L19 head studs
All arp fasteners mains, rods
Fel pro permatorque mls head gasket

All new gaskets and timing belt and accessories

Head

Stainless steal valves
Bc springs and ti retainers
Ferrea +1mm stainless valves and guides
ported and polished
3G revised lifter
Bc 280 cams
Magnus smic

Fuel

Fic 1600cc injectors
Aero motive fp reg
-8an full fuel line
HKS fuel rail
Wally 450 e85 fuel pump re wired
Smc progressive methanol kit

Turbo
Fp black
Fp exhaust mani
Map O2 with TIAL mvs waste gate
Hallman pro mbc

Ignition
Spark tech cop

Clutch
Competition clutch 2700 pressure plate
clutch.net custom 6puck clutch
Braided clutch line
Upgraded shift fork

Cooling
Aluminum radiator
16" slim line fan

More I missed I'm sure and pics to come!

Last edited:
One of the parts I ordered came in today and lucky for me I'm off and it's a blizzard out so out came the mothers polish !
image.jpg

I also went with fic1600cc injectors instead if 1250s

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I was able to get the car to the shop and cleaned up this weekend and now I'm getting the engine bay cleaned up before parts start coming in to get it back together.

A little update on the progress. This last weekend the car got all new brake componates and today will be getting a stm abs delete kit and braided full clutch line put on it.

image.jpg

I was able to get my progressive meth spray kit installed, the tank is in the trunk and ran a 16ft -4an braided line to the front. I like how it came together.

Nice build! I would think that your hp goal would be 500-600 hp with those engine internals, bolt ons and fp black turbo! I am interested in seeing your results as I have a mod list similar to yours but with an old school fp red turbo...

I think 500-600hp won't be hard but I'm just going to hold back for street use. That's why I have a low goal. And for durability. But when I dyno it I'll push it for sure

Well the motor is off at the machine shop, they called me oblast week with a run down it sounds like it was about 4 times what I had planned for so that will slow me down some. But the good news is I have plenty of time to fix a lot of the last owners wiring and do some cleaning up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 97
Haven't had much time but I didn't get some cleaning done and found where i wanted to mount my boost controller and got it mounted.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back