The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

92 GST Stealing 14B record build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im sure you'll get it all figured out. I hope to see some track passes from you this year. Even if its the end of the year and just some "Getting seat time" Passes.

Heres some pics of the current turbo setup with the evo 16g wastegate.

Attachments

• 14b exhaust (960x1280).jpg
    14b exhaust (960x1280).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 14B front (960x1280).jpg
    14B front (960x1280).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 143
Im sure you'll get it all figured out. I hope to see some track passes from you this year. Even if its the end of the year and just some "Getting seat time" Passes.

Heres some pics of the current turbo setup with the evo 16g wastegate.

Thanks man! I really hope to get out there.

Nice, that's a wild looking 02 housing!

I pulled it off a car that I parted out. I'm not even sure who makes it. I am probably goin to swap it out with an external dump that I picked up from Brandon (1SloEvo).

Do you think you would benefit from a longtube, equal length runner exhaust manifold and a T3 hot side enough to make a difference in the 1/4?

I'm not sure on that one. I guess if the opportunity presented itself I might try it out. But I want to keep the budget down.

I pulled it off a car that I parted out. I'm not even sure who makes it. I am probably goin to swap it out with an external dump that I picked up from Brandon (1SloEvo).

Pretty different...an old friend referred to stuff that looks like that as 'Japan-drel,' as in Mandrel...LOL. Ok, so you did pick that up. Cool.

Pretty different...an old friend referred to stuff that looks like that as 'Japan-drel,' as in Mandrel...LOL. Ok, so you did pick that up. Cool.

I wouldn't doubt it since the turbo was eBay. I thought at one point in time slow boy sold housing like that. I wanna say an old punishment housing. But this was quite a few years ago.

Ya he hooked it up and it's better than what I got.

I went a pressed the brake pedals in a couple stock cars while off to get a feel. The first was an abs car that was converted to non abs and have the 3000gt n/a brakes. Second car was non abs auto car. Then my 14b fwd. the harder to press pedal was the auto car, then the abs converted car. The fwd has the same little bit of play at the top of the travel and was softer once you felt the pads. So there wasn't much pedal effort with this smaller bore master. Can't wait to drive it now and see how she stops.

Last edited:
So a couple things I wanna update tonight. First thing, Andrew at Frontline Fabrication told me that if anyone wants a brake delete bracket its gonna be $75+shipping.

Second thing. I went a pressed the brake pedals in a couple stock cars while off to get a feel. The first was an abs car that was converted to non abs and have the 3000gt n/a brakes. Second car was non abs auto car. Then my 14b fwd. the harder to press pedal was the auto car, then the abs converted car. The fwd has the same little bit of play at the top of the travel and was softer once you felt the pads. So there wasn't much pedal effort with this smaller bore master. Can't wait to drive it now and see how she stops.

I think $75 is a fair price in the grand scheme of things, and it's bad-ass, not some mass produced POS.

Well, that sounds like good news with the master choice! Nice work!

I'll try to get a photo of the master on the dsm I have with manual brakes. I never even bothered to look at it close. More on that later...

Oh so you've been running manual brakes?? Holding out on me? Lol you know what master you used??

:D

No! Would not do that buddy. I do have manual brakes, but, not on my AWD! They are on a car that I acquired a while back, which I have only driven once. It's a unique car that was prepped by some of the best in the business, at least back in the day. I'll be back with some pics that I think you will find very interesting. Unfortunately, I do not know what master cylinder was used. Maybe by looking at it you will be able to figure it out, or maybe someone else in the know. What I can tell you is that the car has 2G front brakes, so the master has to be fairly stout. Pretty sure this car had the Corvette PBR set up on it initially back in 1991. It's possible it could have had Stealth brakes or something too. So, the master had to be available back then, when, obviously, the 2g brakes might not have been...? Standby for some old school dsm goodness:sneaky:

:D

No! Would not do that buddy. I do have manual brakes, but, not on my AWD! They are on a car that I acquired a while back, which I have only driven once. It's a unique car that was prepped by some of the best in the business, at least back in the day. I'll be back with some pics that I think you will find very interesting. Unfortunately, I do not know what master cylinder was used. Maybe by looking at it you will be able to figure it out, or maybe someone else in the know. What I can tell you is that the car has 2G front brakes, so the master has to be fairly stout. Pretty sure this car had the Corvette PBR set up on it initially back in 1991. It's possible it could have had Stealth brakes or something too. So, the master had to be available back then, when, obviously, the 2g brakes might not have been...? Standby for some old school dsm goodness:sneaky:

I might be able to recognize the master. I tried to get a good look at all the one in the wrecking yard. I'm excited to see the what pics you have. Waiting patiently :thumb:

Here we go:

Last photo is clue as to what it is:D

Attachments

• dsmarcher34cmaster2r.jpg
    dsmarcher34cmaster2r.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 146
  • dsmarcher34cmaster1r.jpg
    dsmarcher34cmaster1r.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 158
  • dsmarcher34mastersr.jpg
    dsmarcher34mastersr.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 143
  • dsmarcher34masterplater.jpg
    dsmarcher34masterplater.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 139
  • dsmarcher34master7r.jpg
    dsmarcher34master7r.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 139
  • dsmarcher34master5r.jpg
    dsmarcher34master5r.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 143
  • dsmarcher34master4r.jpg
    dsmarcher34master4r.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 147
  • dsmarcher34master3r.jpg
    dsmarcher34master3r.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 144
  • dsmarcher34master1r.jpg
    dsmarcher34master1r.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 142
  • dsmarcher34master2r.jpg
    dsmarcher34master2r.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 165
Old Archer Brothers car?

This here. This is where I got the motivation to do the manual brake swap.

That master looks stock in the pics. Is it a smaller bore?? Say 7/8". I saw a few other cars that run that same style master but lower model and smaller bores.

Oh and I like the remounted cluch master. Did they have it mounted straight to the pedal.

Old Archer Brothers car?

Yes, 1991 SCCA Champ Talon...

This here. This is where I got the motivation to do the manual brake swap.

That master looks stock in the pics. Is it a smaller bore?? Say 7/8". I saw a few other cars that run that same style master but lower model and smaller bores.

Oh and I like the remounted cluch master. Did they have it mounted straight to the pedal.

I am not sure of bore, where would I look to find out?

I figured you might find that interesting. Another good question, however, I've never even looked under the dash. It'll be tough to get under there with the Nascar bars, but I'll check it out next chance I get.

Last edited:
Yes, 1991 SCCA Champ Talon...

I am not sure of bore, where would I look to find out?

I figured you might find that interesting. Another good question, however, I've never even looked.It'll be tough to get under there with the Nascar bars, but I'll check it out next chance I get.

The bore size should be stamped on the bottom of the master usually towards the front. A mirror and backwards reading should tell ya what you need to know.

Didn't you have a thread posted about getting this car?? This is serious dsm history.

The bore size should be stamped on the bottom of the master usually towards the front. A mirror and backwards reading should tell ya what you need to know.

Didn't you have a thread posted about getting this car?? This is serious dsm history.

Ok, I think I remember you saying that. I'll try to get a look tomorrow.

I mentioned in a thread in Road Course that I had purchased it. I plan to make a thread about it at some point. Just haven't taken the time to do it.

It is a nice piece of history for sure, and I think it's the most significant Archer car of them all. If you look close at the last pic, you'll see why.

Ok, I think I remember you saying that. I'll try to get a look tomorrow.

I mentioned in a thread in Road Course that I had purchased it. I plan to make a thread about jt

Ya I'm interested in what they used.

You should start a thread.

Ya you definatly need to get a thread started with all this good history. You got a cool car that's for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back