The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

92 GST Stealing 14B record build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes I got it out of a 3G. I like how the reservoir is a part of the master. The evo 8s are the same except two things. There is a port on the side of the reservoir to feed the clutch slave, and one of the brake lines bolt on to the right side instead of the left.

So I get a rod made and get it in. Start pumping the pedal and the damn master leaks right there under the dash. Started digging through my masters and have one more that came off the 3G eclipse. So I swap it over and that stupid master leaks. The original one leaked but was no prob. But now im kinda stuck until I figure out what im going to do. I dont want ot buy a new master and have it not work well manually. I need to wrecking yard hop tomorrow and hope to get lucky. If not I may make longer lines to the factory reservoir and use a factory 1" bore master instead of the 3G 1 1/16" master.

Down sizing the master bore will increase pressure at the calipers. Just a thought but why not a wilwood that is meant to be used on manual brake apps?

Down sizing the master bore will increase pressure at the calipers. Just a thought but why not a wilwood that is meant to be used on manual brake apps?

That's what I've been reading and hearing. Stock being 1". I really like the reservoir incorporated to the master one this. I may just end up pulling one off a low model mirage or colt. I think they are 7/8". I really see no point in spending big money on something like that. Takes away from the budget racing. The money has better places to be spent.

So I get a rod made and get it in. Start pumping the pedal and the damn master leaks right there under the dash. Started digging through my masters and have one more that came off the 3G eclipse. So I swap it over and that stupid master leaks. The original one leaked but was no prob. But now im kinda stuck until I figure out what im going to do. I dont want ot buy a new master and have it not work well manually. I need to wrecking yard hop tomorrow and hope to get lucky. If not I may make longer lines to the factory reservoir and use a factory 1" bore master instead of the 3G 1 1/16" master.

Crap. But, I'm sure you'll figure it out. You thought there might be a little trial and error.

Ok so tonight went well. Got a master cylinder Saturday. It came from a 94 Mitsu mirage. The bore size is actually smaller than the stock one so the pedal effort should be good. Got them bled and I'm not really sure how the pedal is suppose to feel. I pump it and it's consistent. It doesn't bleed down. It's a little soft right at the top but gets harder as you push down. Feels fine but I'll have to wait to drive it to get a better idea. I'm gonna pick up something to help bleed the brakes to just to make sure I get all the bubbles out.

Also got my belts and pulleys all on. Just need a shorter alternator belt. And I got a bunch of pics of stuff that's already done to the car so you guys can see what's already done. I'll get them posted over the next few days.

Subscribed! I'm very interested in how the brakes feel. I would love to ditch the booster just for appearances sake. The 6 pounds would just be icing on the cake.

Ok heres the new master delete bracket and a couple shots of the master installed. Got lucky and the car I got it from was very clean and in good shape.

Attachments

• brakedelete (960x1280).jpg
    brakedelete (960x1280).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Mirage master (960x1280).jpg
    Mirage master (960x1280).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Mirage master2 (960x1280).jpg
    Mirage master2 (960x1280).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 158
Is that a frontline booster delete?

Ya Phil. Gotta take it for a test drive before I go down the track. I feel pretty confident that its going to work and work good.

As promised I have a couple pics of my doors and the lexan job we did and my rear ducting work.

Attachments

• side lexan (1280x960).jpg
    side lexan (1280x960).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Quarter lexan (1280x960).jpg
    Quarter lexan (1280x960).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 149
  • rear ducting (960x1280).jpg
    rear ducting (960x1280).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 161
Hey, not bad at all, it works, and it's light!

I have the JMF diffusers in my pile of parts....nice stuff...

I figured all that little stuff will add up to help. The fwd chassis was sure in need of it since when you look under the car the tunnel leads right to the back bumper. When you flip up the license plate and look through you can see that. I just need to cover the old reverse light holes with something that will flap up to make that section look a little cleaner.

I figured all that little stuff will add up to help. The fwd chassis was sure in need of it since when you look under the car the tunnel leads right to the back bumper. When you flip up the license plate and look through you can see that. I just need to cover the old reverse light holes with something that will flap up to make that section look a little cleaner.

It is all the little stuff that gives you the extra edge.

Back in the day I had several little tricks under the hood that you couldn't see.

Yeah the rear bumper cover we all know is a factory parachute.
The area where the plate mounted on my bumper cover is now open. Got the idea from an S2000 I saw at a track day back in 07.

Mind sharing what the plate cost? If not PM is fine too. I am thinking of doing the same, so I am just collecting info right now. Do you happen to know the diameter of that MC? It seems like most go with 7/8

It is all the little stuff that gives you the extra edge.

Back in the day I had several little tricks under the hood that you couldn't see.

Yeah the rear bumper cover we all know is a factory parachute.
The area where the plate mounted on my bumper cover is now open. Got the idea from an S2000 I saw at a track day back in 07.

Well I got told last night on Facebook that I have to beat Cory's car first LOL. So I need the "Edge".

You have any good current pics of your car and setup??

Mind sharing what the plate cost? If not PM is fine too. I am thinking of doing the same, so I am just collecting info right now. Do you happen to know the diameter of that MC? It seems like most go with 7/8

I'm waiting for the ok on price. This was the first one he made and we wanted to make sure it worked first.

The master I picked up was stamped 13/16" on the bottom. So it's quite a bit smaller than the stock one.

Well I got told last night on Facebook that I have to beat Cory's car first LOL. So I need the "Edge".

You have any good current pics of your car and setup??

I'm waiting for the ok on price. This was the first one he made and we wanted to make sure it worked first.

The master I picked up was stamped 13/16" on the bottom. So it's quite a bit smaller than the stock one.

Jeez...LOL...that'll be hard. Because being the quickest active 14b guy ain't good enough...

Unfortunately, Justin, my car has been in pieces since November 2010. So, I have recent pics of my sporadic work, but the engine bay is bare.

Jeez...LOL...that'll be hard. Because being the quickest active 14b guy ain't good enough...

Unfortunately, Justin, my car has been in pieces since November 2010. So, I have recent pics of my sporadic work, but the engine bay is bare.

Ya well they didn't believe that either. It'll be a smack in the face when they realize the truth.

So we're expecting to see Phil's car all back together sometime this year right???

Ya well they didn't believe that either. It'll be a smack in the face when they realize the truth.

So we're expecting to see Phil's car all back together sometime this year right???

For sure it will be. Guess he's on silent mode again here on tuners.

Well, I can't commit entirely. What I can say is that I'm shooting for July 26. If not then, the next date would be October 4. If before that, great. There's a plan in place for this year, but, all the stars need to align.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back