15+ Year Contributor
- Nov 8, 2006
I replaced the o ring in my power steering pump which was leaking all over my alternator. I also had to replace the alternator since the bearing was starting to seize up and it had this terrible squealing noise it made. I had a leak at the valve cover but also realized that 4 of the bolt holes were stripped. So i helicoiled them and swapped to another valve cover since i wanted to weld some fittings onto mine and also get it powder coated. i wired in the my BCS so don't mind the wires just hanging i was testing some things before sleeveing them. I also replaced a torn coupler off of the turbo. It's slowly coming together. The dump tube is temporary. When i swap turbos this winter i'll be routing the wastegate back into the downpipe. I still smell a little bit of oil i think it's either the turbo is leaking since the return line didn't do it any justice and could possibly be valve stem seals or both. I have another 2g head i'll probably swap over to in either winter or spring so no big deal. Finally found a set of the outlander caliper brackets so now i need to order rotors for them. The car is still a good looking car in my eyes and still get compliments on it while driving or parked up. Back to ordering more parts .