The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

92 Galant VR4 winter wonder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunermt

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2009
Missoula, Arizona
The car was in ruff shape and i already knew i what i wanted to do so i quickly tore everything apart.
I have always wanted a vr4 to use for snowboard/mountain bike trips with friends. After using my 350Z for snowboard trips for a season I needed to step it up to something AWD asap.

Built a 2.0L engine: Manley pistons, ARP hard ware, stock rods/crank, HKS 264 cams.

Tossed the engine in and began fabrication of basically everything else in the engine bay.
first picture of the manifold *cell phone style!*
Picture%2B013.jpg

After the manifold came...
Dual pass radiator
IC pipes
Intercooler (mounted where the grill used to be in between the headlights)
Intake
Catch can/coolant overflow
exhaust (3 to 4 inch as i re used a muffler from an R34 exhaust, then necks back down to 3.5" at the tip/tail pipe)

mitsubishi_galant_vr4_full-race_aem_ems_brewed_motorsports-5.jpg

Brewed Motorsports Brews - Mitsubishi Galant VR4, Full-Race, AEM EMS

GOPR0878.jpg

Decent picture that shows the top half of the IC
GOPR0874.jpg

Antilag system added a while back, finally finding time to post haha

More info and pictures coming soon!

Last edited:
I'm interested to see a pic of how that intercooler looks when the hood is closed.

Short video starting to fallow the Brewed Motors 510 up one of my favorite roads back home.

Brewed Motorsports ka24 swap Datsun 510 VS Galant VR4 - YouTube

As for pictures of the IC set up with the hood closed unfortunately i can't seem to find any on my computer (not with the car now) I can tell you the top of the IC tucks up under the hood though (have to modify the hood to make this fit) sits very flush with head lights and you can't see the top of the IC at all with the hood closed.

What kind of turbo manifold are you running?

It's a custom manifold design I built with my close friends over at Full-Race in AZ.

graph on Montana pump gas after some tuning

galant_vr4_twin_scroll_4g63_pump_gas_dyno_results.jpg

Really like this build, wouldn't mind more pictures either.:thumb:

Looks awesome!

thank you much for the kind words, looking forward to working with the mishimoto line on our next project ;)

Last edited:
thank you much for the kind words, looking forward to working with the MISHIMOTO line on our next project ;)

least you can do is get it right... :p

nice build. awesome 510 as well.

Very cool car.

Don't think this belongs in the "Rally Build" section though.

true this is still very much a street car built with for use on the dirt and snow ;)

thank you much, boy i would love to put the car and long board to good use right now... to bad they are currently both on the other side of the world haha.

I am actually living in Bangkok at the moment. Been just over 2 years sense i could call the states home ;)

Car is parked hard though, fresh engine paint and all just waiting to be abused!

car is finally going to get a proper COP conversion :) got a Velocity Element R35 coil kit and will be direct fire (not wasted spark) can't wait to finally turn the boost back up!
DSM evo1-3 R35 coil on plug conversion kit

4G63_DSM-COP_R35_KIT-coil-on-plug-VE.jpg

How did their kit work for you? I was thinking about using one myself
Yes kit works great, i have an AEM ecu in the car so i also got to go direct fire with the R35 cop conversion.
My stock coils had finally pooped out, i had a few good years at 22psi with stock coils/plugs gapped to 0.019" but as time went the stock coils just couldn't keep up anymore and i ended up having to drive around at only 16psi. With the R35 coils plugs gapped to 0.029" and happy at 24psi (fuel limited atm).

Yes kit works great, i have an AEM ecu in the car so i also got to go direct fire with the R35 cop conversion.
My stock coils had finally pooped out, i had a few good years at 22psi with stock coils/plugs gapped to 0.019" but as time went the stock coils just couldn't keep up anymore and i ended up having to drive around at only 16psi. With the R35 coils plugs gapped to 0.029" and happy at 24psi (fuel limited atm).
Badass! I ended up getting the OhmRacing setup with the Haltech coils and their milspec harness. Almost the same price too.

Nice one, the ign1a coils are great and stupid strong spark! I went r35 coils just to keep it simpler no plug wires and little lower profile sitting on top of the engine.

Enjoy that strong spark with your new setup!

Are you using a evo 8 16g turbo with that custom manifold?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back