The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

92 1gb timing belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93AWDDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Hey everyone,

My issue is I'm replacing the time belt now and I've come across an issue I'm not sure of. General area is the idler tensioner pulley and the actually tensioner arm it sits on.

When I was loosening the tensioner pulley (14mm socket) the whole tensioner arm bolt came loose. My question is, should I torque the tensioner arm down first then set the timing with the tensioner pulley?

Edit: tensioner pulley

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
The idler pulley is the big pulley on the right that is bolted to the block, the tensioner pulley(eccentric/smiley pulley) is what is used to set the preload tension on the hydraulic tensioner.

The arm should be able to move freely when bolted down, then the tensioner pulley is rotated to set the tension, then torqued down properly.

Smashing! That is a great thread, but I go by the 1992 4G63 manual, chapter 11C page 36, or any 1G service manual. Not that great of a difference anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back