The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

91 Talon AWD TSI Beginner advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMillevi

Probationary Member
Oct 5, 2008
Woodland, Washington
I have a 91 Eagle Talon. It's my first DSM but I do have some knowledge on these cars. I want to leeave th stock turbo on the car but would like to add some bolt ons and other things to it. What are some tips and tricks to getting started?

get a boost controller, that will help you turn up the psi and ive heard people on here say they run around 15-20 psi stock on 1g's

first do all the maintnance that needs to be done, then get an after market boost gauge (more accurate then oem), boost controller and a turbo back exhaust. Plus it all depends on how much you are trying to spend, but what i told you can be done for $300-$700.

get a boost controller, that will help you turn up the psi and ive heard people on here say they run around 15-20 psi stock on 1g's

Dont get a boost controller and just turn up the boost. Research A LOT before doing anything. Stick to minor upgrades, like intake, exhaust untill you understand what you are doing. I always say the 2 mods should be wbo2, and engine management/data logging. That way you will be safe and can tune your fuels mods as you get them. Good luck and welcome.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back