The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

91 GVR4 #476/2K "Project Edward"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time for an Update (Post Pandemic Update.)

After torching the head over a year ago, I had the head rebuilt by Darren (Darren Thomas Racing.) It was time since there was evidence of valve float last time I had it on the dyno (790whp) so he installed new Kiggly springs and did a nice freshen up. I installed a new Mitsubishi MLS gasket as my old one got torched after I did something dumb. Over the winter, I changed the turbo setup up (bigger turbo now which will remain undisclosed) got some of that Morrison FAB Swag, and I just recently upgraded my entire fuel system. After cleaning my 2150ccs almost 4 times in less than 1000 miles, I had enough of it. Car now has all PTFE -10AN lines (feed and return - was expensive AF - damn Fragola fittings) a Magnus fuel rail, and a Magnafuel 750 with the Magnafuel filters. Fuel for days. Got rid of the twin intank setup I had because it was becoming unreliable and I didn't want to risk torching something from running lean due to a single pump failure. Currently, doing testing.

Last edited:
Wow. I drove this car this weekend for the first time since the summer of 2021. It felt nice. Took it to the car bath to hose off some bird poop. It has some vibration which could be from tire flat spots? I will be swapping those wheels/tires out in a week or two. But...feels good not to be a garage/driveway ornament. I intend to drive it some so she has some regular pump gas in it. It's probably been 7 years since I ran 91 in it.

New wheels and tires and she runs good. Still on pump so I am not doing any boost pulls until I have burned the tank. Other than a small oil return hose leak, it runs relatively well. I may have put around a 100 miles or so and hope to put more. I would definitely daily it more if it didn't have an open exhaust. :D

I feel your pain, when I first had my Borg on my car with the Morrison kit I drove it around a little to sort out bugs with the downpipe dumping where they stopped it until I could get my exhaust finished. Wasn’t bad at first, but 5 minutes on the highway at 70mph was enough to make me hurry my exhaust along.

Ah gotcha. Was wondering if you were gonna go with a forced 4 box or something like that.
Very exciting!
The kit I am getting comes with a Forced 4 box. I will have more information once I receive and sort everything out. Stock trans with stock stall. I already have some nitrous setup in the car.

It is a street car. :D What about an air to water IC doesn't make it one? :p I will run antifreeze in it during the winter. It will make it really consistent if and when I do one of those local drag and drive events during the summer when it's 100+ degrees outside. It's definitely a more expensive setup than an A2A but it came with my used kit and it's a really nice setup. I am surprised more people don't do this with DSMs considering how much boost we run...LOL.
Goal for this car is make 1000 RWHP+ on pump E85 while being a legit street car and running mid to low 9s, 150mph+ on DOTs with all the factory creature comforts AC, full interior, full exhaust etc. Nothing extravagant. It will not be quicker than my Galant though when that becomes an auto though.....LOL.

I am trying not to make it too heavy than stock so I am mindful with the modifications and removing unnecessary weight where I can as i am adding stuff to it.

So surreal to me that 10-15 years ago you and all the other DSM guys hated manuals and swore up and down you'd always bang gears.

Now you're all going Auto. :p

No hate, or malice, it's just surreal. Never thought I would see the day honestly. I still remember the sh*t I'd catch over on 'Talk by being an Auto guy. (DSMLoki calling me an autofa**ot for one).

Haha....CrackedDSM went for therapy for that one LOL :p. I have always hated our manual transmissions. I have always said that it's the Achilles heel of a very capable car. Yes, rowing gears is fun as hell but rowing them not knowing when it's going to explode sucks ASS. I never went Auto simply because I didn't know much about them. BTW, my very first DSM (before the black Talon) was a red FWD Auto 92 Talon Turbo with a small16G. I loved the shit out of it especially how it held boost between shifts LOL. I literally gave it away because I had to move and it (RIP) donated its engine to my black Talon which cracked a cylinder.

Last edited:
Therapy wasn't needed until DSM auto transmissions started going for $5k for a stock rebuild with a painted case.

Ironically now I'm a M/T guy. I swear someone's glitching the matrix on purpose.

Therapy wasn't needed until DSM auto transmissions started going for $5k for a stock rebuild with a painted case.

Ironically now I'm a M/T guy. I swear someone's glitching the matrix on purpose.
Yikes. Hope it doesn't cost that much for me when I need it. Darren (DTR) is local to me....and he built me one a few years ago that I ended up selling....at a loss btw Duh.

Moderator...if we can please move this discussion to my Galant thread please?
Thanks Mods!

Last edited:
Swap shit arrived the other day and is sitting until I finish the Mustang. Sorry guys....but I only have a 2 car garage. In the meanwhile, i will need to order a Kiggly flexplate, crank bushing at the very least before that project starts. The car is still driveable with the 5 speed. Still has that annoying gear oil leak though!

I drive this car every 2 weeks or so. I seem to be spending quite a bit time working/modding my other 2 vehicles but I promise to get back to this. Goal is for the auto swap to be completed by this coming winter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back