The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

91 Galant VR-4 76/2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
I see yours has that crap spot around the gas cap cover as well. I guess that's common?
Lol, Sorry didn't know that you posted here!

It actually comes from not washing the car. That wipes off perfectly. I think the crap spot is that dent by the door handle. It seems like a lot of them have that.

Just plastidipped the whole car...got as close as I could to the factory Belize Green. Extremely happy with the results!

The finish is flat, but the car can sure pull it off.

Thank you. I enjoyed doing the work. Was horrible peeling clearcoat underneath it all. I dipped right on top of primer and body work in many spots. Made a huge difference....but I put a lot of effort into the body work. I hope it lasts.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the flat color personally, but I can appreciate the hard work and effort you put into the job. The execution was well done, which is what really matters. Do you have any before pictures? Any under hood shots?

Where in VA are you at? I've dragged my last two Galant VR-4s back from there.

Sorry that you don't like the flat, but thanks for your honesty. I could easily throw high gloss on there at this point since high gloss was recently released but flat kind of suits the "evil" spirit (or at least the future mission) of the car to me. I am also suspicious of how long the plastidip might last and not sure that I'd like to put any more of a financial investment into it. Even the DYC folks are pessimistic about duration.

I have some pics of before laying around somewhere. I'll dig those up. Just added a front shot this morning.

I am in the Fredericksburg area. This was originally a Maryland car.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back