The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

91 Eagle Talon - missing transmission dipstick tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NegaChaos0

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2011
Milwuakee, Wisconsin
91 Eagle Talon, which I understand to be a 1G DSM.
It has an automatic transmission, and I believe it is FWD.

I am missing the transmission dipstick and the transmission dipstick tube.

I am trying to find replacement parts and I have found only a few leads at the following websites:
DSM Graveyard - Your #1 Source for DSM Parts!

They have a transmission dipstick for a 2G AWD.
I do not know if this is compatable or not, any information would be helpful.

They also have the matching tube for a 2G AWD, but it says no longer available.
I was unable to reach them by phone to ask questions.

I also had luck with:
Welcome To Extreme PSI

I could not find anything on there website inventory, but when I called them, they said they had a transmission dipstick tube, but not the dipstick itself.

If the Transmission dipstick/tube is the same on the DSM 1G and 2G models, I should be able to buy both these items and install them. However I lack the knowledge necessary to make the decision.

Any information on the compatability of these parts between 1G and 2G models, other compatable parts I could search for, or where to buy these parts for the 91 Eagle Talon, would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to include all the relevant information I know, if more is necessary, I apologize, I will try my best to answer any questions.
Thank you for your help.

I have called all the junkyards in the greater milwuakee area, I've had no luck so far. As per your suggestion I am now calling all the Mitsubishi Dealerships in the Area.
I'm sorry if this stuff seems obvious to you, but this is my first car, and all this is new to me. I am doing a lot of reading and searching for information, but people don't write down the stuff that everyone already knows.

The Dealership called me back, They are available through Mitsubishi.
For future people needing these parts, the parts numbers are as follows:
Transmission Dipstick - MD732520
Transmission Dipstick Tube - MD739445
Transmission model - F4A33-1

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back