The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 91-94 FIAV 4g63 part number?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
What’s the part number for turbo fiav?
And are turbo fiav same as non turbo?
3000gt fiav is part number MD614431 and looks identical. Anyone know if they’re compatible?

NA part number is MD614373

Last edited:
Solution
1991-1994 turbo FIAV part number is MD614454.

That said, the gasket for this FIAV is MD614406. That is the same gasket as the 3000GT (and many other Mitsu vehicles). From that standpoint, the 3000GT FIAV should at least bolt up.
1991-1994 turbo FIAV part number is MD614454.

That said, the gasket for this FIAV is MD614406. That is the same gasket as the 3000GT (and many other Mitsu vehicles). From that standpoint, the 3000GT FIAV should at least bolt up.

Solution
The only visual differences I see are isc opening and this stamp in the cast. But I’ve been thinking and they have to be different being from same years and having different part numbers. Maybe the fiav opening is larger for the 3kgt since it has two more cylinders. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I currently have a used na fiav and it worked fine for a while. But now I have idle surge that began only on cold start up while moving. Then went away when fully warmed up. This has progressively gotten worse to where it’s surging even when fully warm & rolling. If the car doesn’t move, it does not surge. Anywho, I’m going to make block off plate to see if the fiav is the issue.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I’ve never had good luck with these old fiav’s actually functioning, it’s like they hit an age limit. I will say I ran it blocked with no ISC and bypassed with the ISC and I prefer the bypass plate that allows me to use the ISC. No cold start issues and the ISC is easy enough to use so I figured why not use it.

Yup. I can’t see them lasting forever. I compared the two I have before swapping them. While running under hot faucet water, the na closed fairly quickly and my original one barely moved. I assume this one doing the same. My isc doesn’t move for quite a while.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back