The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

90EagleTalonTSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doing some tearing down to clean up and do some rust prevention. Long road ahead tho. But next week is a vacation week so this is the last I will get to do for the next week.

5481E874-FF9A-467E-8136-5D68F91ED187.jpeg

U ain’t lying. Man it’s crazy I even wake up earlier in the morning to work on the cars b4 going to work.. like I swear my wife makes me feel like I’m addicted to cars like it’s drugs.. LOL and I am never board and running out of stuff to do either.

U ain’t lying. Man it’s crazy I even wake up earlier in the morning to work on the cars b4 going to work.. like I swear my wife makes me feel like I’m addicted to cars like it’s drugs.. LOL and I am never board and running out of stuff to do either.
I would assume not LOL. I have 1 dsm and that keeps me super busy. I also work at snail pace. I always find something to clean, replace, or paint when i dig into the car.
Whats on the agenda for the 1g talon? Noticed you did some cleaning and thats exactly what i do too before pulling stuff off.

Man this car is still up in the air. The person I got it from said starter was bad. It was located in Ohio 1.5 hours away and so I looked over it but wasn’t much to do sitting in dirt road with flat tires.Car looked good everything stock and all that but deep down I new it wasn't starter. But dude even if this cars motor is junk I could part it out and make money and keep parts I either want or need.. So I bought it and it sat out side for like 6 months

Till finally i got in in the shop and started into it.. first off put some oil in each cylinder so it could sit. so excited I got a battery tapped on starter all that.. nuthin but I noticed no check engine light on the dash and that made me do some reading and with the ohm reader I figured out the mpi relay was good and the wires going to ecu was hot so

b4 I left I was able to get the motor to break loose at the crank and I rotate it several times and it got to b real easy. after letting the motor sit for like 2 days. Then it would crank by turning the key. That’s when I was able to realize about the ecu. So I pulled it and it was crispy like fried so yeah new one is in the mail box waiting one to get home.

But yeah after I can see what the motor sounds like after I can start it. Will determine what happens with the car. Cuse I would love too but no way I can completely overhaul the car and still have the big plans for my 2g. It’s hard to convince the wife to spend money on a car that don’t run.. and need abunch of time and money put in it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back