The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

909 HP PTE 6466 1G Laser AWD !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glatto

Proven Member
Oct 19, 2013
Marolterode, Europe
Hi after many problems of the dyno, i have now the result

909 HP 826 Nm

Here the modliste:

Punishment Racing Turbokit PTE 6466 T3 0.82AR.
JMF Smim,75mm Throttle Body
Full Blown Dual Pump Hangar( 2x 255 Walbro )
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator,Aeromotive Fuel Rail
ID 2000 Injectors
Mishimoto Aluminium Radiator
JMF Catch Can
3" Custom Exhaust System
Manley Turbo Tuff
JE Pistons
Kelford 280/276, Ferrea 1mm Oversize Valve,Kiggly Racing High Pressure Beehive Springs ,HLA Pressure Regulator, Main Girdle, Arp L 19 Head Studs,Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer[DOUBLEPOST=1408299123][/DOUBLEPOST]Here the sheet

Attachments

• Leistungsmessung.jpg
    Leistungsmessung.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 445
  • Leistungsmessung.jpg
    Leistungsmessung.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Pretty normal for a well put together car on a 6466 to make 900hp on a dynojet. We made 860hp in a EVO8 with a ported intake manifold and throttle body. The car was fully built but i was still amazed at the numbers.

Congrats!

Now before anyone breaks an arm jerking themselves off.. DIN70020 is the German industry standard correction for power at the flywheel.. not the ground. Which VTech brake dynos calculate on the run down.

DIN uses marginally higher pressure, but nearly 10*F cooler normalized air temps which will further inflate the figure against the SAE J1349 figures everyone stateside is familiar with. Also that graph is in PS not HP (1PS = 0.986HP).

So we're looking at a corrected whp rating in the neighborhood of 740-780whp.

Which is still excellent for a 64mm turbo in a T3 housing

Congrats!

Now before anyone breaks an arm jerking themselves off.. DIN70020 is the German industry standard correction for power at the flywheel.. not the ground. Which VTech brake dynos calculate on the run down.

DIN uses marginally higher pressure, but nearly 10*F cooler normalized air temps which will further inflate the figure against the SAE J1349 figures everyone stateside is familiar with. Also that graph is in PS not HP (1PS = 0.986HP).

Which is still excellent for a 64mm turbo in a T3 housing[/QUOT

This is right we have in Germany ps and not hp., however the car became on the dyno
not with full ones there restood 300 kW separate with 150 kW it is better for the trans.
Therefore the boost pressure goes only to 38-39 ps on the dyno on the street goes the boost pressure to 42 psi. this are around 1000 hp= 900-920 Whp. loss 80-100 ps see print out
lower line.
Sorry for the bad englisch.

Congrats!

Which is still excellent for a 64mm turbo in a T3 housing
So landspeed what would my 801whp 62mm turbo be in DIN? Just curious?[DOUBLEPOST=1408667915][/DOUBLEPOST]Glatto congrats by the way!!

So landspeed what would my 801whp 62mm turbo be in DIN? Just curious?[DOUBLEPOST=1408667915][/DOUBLEPOST]Glatto congrats by the way!!

If they did a rough measure your oc drivetrain losses and your correction factor was +/- 7% or less, you can convert to DIN multiplying by 0.986 hen from HP to PS.

Thanks landspeed:)

No problem, but I made some fatigue induced errors in that post.. should say:

"If they did a rough measure of your drivetrain losses add that back in to your wheel rating. Per the SAE, only if your correction factor was (+/-) 7% or smallerr, you can convert to DIN multiplying by 1.0142."

So, if you dyno'd on a unit that is capable of measuring dynamic DT loss through the wind down or "motoring" you add that figure back in to the wheel rating.

So lets say 87whp, 13hp lost in trans/diffs/bearings/inertia and fluid windage.. that's 100HP total net output under the day's conditions.

Then using a (properly placed) weather unit, J1349 provides a CF of 1.050 to normalize the results. 100HP x 1.050 = 105HP SAE Net.

105HP SAE Net x 1.0142 = ~106.5PS DIN normalized.

So in this example, the 87whp pull under that set of atmospheric conditions and particular vehicle's losses would equate to ~106.5PS.

But if your SAE CF was beyond 7% under/over SAE doesn't consider it comparable to other SAE normalized numbers and definitely not for conversion to other standards

Hope that helps!

Nice to know that there are fast DSMs in germany I have never seen.
Congrats nice number :)

I don't think its the strongest unless your name is Mathias, but good work on the build. On the Link forum there is a gentleman by that name that has a shop in Germany who has had to engineer his own transmissions with stronger custom spec gearing for the sustained high speeds you travel on your highways and for the power his car makes. He has a shop and I think its called Boldt Mechanix or something similar I'll have to look. He is very experienced with the 4g63 platform and has a stable of high horsepower cars, although with all of the conversions from PS to HP and on different dynos its hard to say. Definitely will be fun to see your car go down the track and find out where you stand, congrats on the build![DOUBLEPOST=1410249637][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess you may be the fastest Eclipse if this is in a DSM, I forgot that Matthias is rocking a Colt! Here is a link to one of his runs though, the car MOVES!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I know Matthias he is very nice. His car probably has the same power or a little bit more. His car is very very fast! Next year i want chance my transmission and use a trannmission from him.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back