1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

For Sale 90 talon tsi 5speed

Posted by cliffkemp, Jun 24, 2019

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. cliffkemp

cliffkemp Proven Member

Joined Apr 19, 2010
    carrollton, Georgia
    I have a 90 talon tsi for sale. It has a high compression 2.0L motor that was supposedly built when I bought it.

Currently, it needs rings/rebuild as, it was blowing the dipstick out at times. I have not started it in over a year and have lost interest in it as, I have several cars.

The good:
    It is is ok shape with little rust.
    Has rebuild TB
    Has 255LPH pump
    Has a/c that can work if the leak is found. I put some Freon in it and worked for about 2 days so, it is a decent leak.
    Has real RPF1s but, one is a little bent but can be fixed, others are fine. These wheels cost me over 1000 to get.
    Has front mount and GM sensor
    Has Link v3
    Has FP manifold
    Has AFPR
    Has Tial BOV and external exhaust.
    Ask about turbo if interested

The bad:
    Needs rebuild for engine
    Needs radiator
    Needs radiator fans
    Needs turbo
    Needs new gauges for AFR and boost. Has a pyrometer but not hooked up anymore
    Needs trans checked as it catches right off the floor and may be dragging. May just need to shim ball.
    Has no interior except for dash and driver's seat.
    Has no fuel injectors but can give 550s that worked last time they were used for another 50 dollars
    I cannot think of much else off hand but, it will need work.....

I will sell for 700 dollars to anyone that can tow it. The tires are dry-rotted a good bit and front driver's side will go flat over a few weeks or so. I think it has arp head studs but not sure as, I have not ever taken the engine out to check anything. According to Topspeed in Alpharetta, it has 9.0 compression per Nathan as they changed the headgasket on it, years ago. It is a 90 and is unique in the ignition and has new coilpack and new cam sensor too.

Reason for the low price is that, the last time it did run, it ran on just 2 cylinders despite the ignition change and cam sensor change. It could be just a simple electrical issue or connection. It would run on all 4 until it started getting close to being warmed up. Then, it would revert to 2 cylinders. I do not have time to deal with it as, I have 5 other cars. First 700 gets it and will require a tow. It has about 3/4 tank of gas and may need to be drained and put fresh. It has a 160 thermostat in it, too. NO cat!!! NO Battery!! NO boost controller as I took it off for another car. Previous owner ran a 12.9 with a small 16g on it. I had an FP Green (knock off but ran good for years on this car and another) on it and can come with the car for 50 dollars more but, it needs to be helicoiled but does work. Will have to see turbo to decide if you want it.

Text me at 404/202/3881

I have some extra parts to go with, too. The car is red and, I can send pictures if needed. I have too many cars and decided to start getting rid of them. I do not have time and money for all of them anymore.

Cliff