The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 90 Plymouth laser

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990Laser4g63

Probationary Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hamilton, Ohio
Hello all, once I got my car rebuilt and running, I've run into two problems, it idles rough as heck and seems like it doesn't have much power, and my oil pressure gauge doesn't work, and there isn't a wire going to it at all, if I was to wire it up, how would I go about that?
Thanks, Logan

It seems to be, I've changed plugs, wires, coil, the only thing I haven't changed is the ignition control module

I assume you mean the power transistor that switches the current to the coils. It's dumb so I wouldn't consider it to be an ignition control module, the ECU does all the work on these cars.

These cars have a wasted spark so 1 and 4 is one pair where 2 and 3 is the other. If the problem is ignition related you usually loose both cylinders of the pair.

What's you compression readings?
How did the old plugs look?

Since you don't think it's missing, how is it acting rough?

This is a 1990 Non-Turbo 2.0L car, right? Manual or Auto?

I mean it's still very possible to be misfiring, but since I've changed everything I didn't think it'd be likely. I just changed the ignition control module because I wasn't getting spark. It seems to miss or hesitate under load (accelerator). Mostly 2nd and 3rd gear. It's a manual, 90 2.0 nt. I haven't done a compression test yet but will tomorrow after work, and be sure to post the results! The old plugs were rusty and oily. I did replace a head gasket and all other essential components, plugs are just oil fouled now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back