The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 90 Laser RS winter build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowinsmoke95

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2009
Roundtown, Ohio
Okay, this winter before the first snow, i will be ripping back into the laser already to fix stuff i should have fixed when i swapped the motor. also a great time to do all maintenance and clean up a little under the hood.

the car already has a set of lightweight 17in wheels, megan racing coilovers with adjustable damper and camber plates, STS, new clutch master and slave cylinder, timing belt, rebuilt head, HKS SSQ, and 450cc injectors.

coming from a completely different car background (Ford Probe) when i look at a 4g63 engine bay i wanna puke. so much random stuff going on in there and there has to be a way to tidy it up and what not.

so here's the list....
(maybe not in this order but will all be done before the next time the car moves under its own power)

Replace HG
Replace Water Pump
Replace Oil Pump
Replace Turbo (prob. with a 14b or 16g) car has a 13b, it was originally an auto.
Replace Timing Belt
Replace Balance Shaft Belt or run delete kit
Rewire Fuel Pump
GM MAF and MAFT
Hard Pipe factory side-mount
Intake
Replace all oil and water lines to turbo with more than likely SS Braided.
Install Catch Can
Replace Clutch
3in Turbo Back Exhaust
550cc injectors
SAFC or Link V3 Lite if it gets here in time.
Clean up engine bay, Relocate battery, MiNi wire tuck.

Keep in mind, all i wanna do is clear around the 300hp mark, nothing too fancy or extreme. all comments, opinions, compliments, and suggestions are welcomed.

Sounds like a descent list of upgrades. just remember to check the head over for flatness when you do the head gasket that can be a can of worms all in it's own . good luck with the build.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back