The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

90 awd ecu to 90 fwd ECU swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD ASSASSIN

Probationary Member
May 27, 2002
LindenwoldNJ_(south_Jersey)
My ecu in my 90 AWD 5spd is fried. I can only find a 90 fwd turbo 5spd ecu. Will it work? What major problems could occur?

They should be identical. As long as they are both for 90. You can also use a 91+ ecu.. but then you have to start doing some rigging to make it work. I've never done this so I don't know what exactly is needed. Something about switching a few wires & something w/ the tach adapter.

I was told the 1990 models were specific for 90's model. There was only 3 made? 1 for turbo, 1 for non turbo, and 1 for califonia emissions.
You can use other ecu's but seems to be alot of extra work.

Ok, I have the same problem and my car still won't just start. My AWD (non-EPROM) ECU leaked caps and I bought a new (non-Eprom) ECU. I checked on vfaq and found out it's for an FWD turbo and they are both fed 5-speed ECUs. When I put the FWD ECU in my AWD car it just grumbles and the car, but won't kick over and idle instead it stalls out.

I'm really getting sick of my car not kicking over, it's been almost a month. Please if anyone can give me some straight advice give me a call 773 540 6504.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back