The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

90' awd driverside interm. shaft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ls2monaro

Probationary Member
Feb 3, 2011
Flint, Michigan
On a 1990 awd talon (manual trans), the driver side/front cv shaft connects to another shaft and bearing that bolts to the block and goes into the trans. I've just been calling it an intermediate shaft? What exactly is it called and where would I be able to get another one?

I've looked around online and haven't had much luck.

A new one would cost a pretty penny, if you can even get one anymore. Mine is getting a rebuild soon, reusing everything (shaft and bracket) but the bearing and seals. You can probably get used ones from a few vendors on here, you may also see one in the classifieds from time to time. Mitsubishi Graveyard (Gary), DSM Graveyard (Jon), and JNZ Tuning are probably your best bets if you need it soon.

And it is called the "front axle intermediate shaft" as far as I can tell.

Great, thank you.

Do these guys have websites or are they just on the forums here?

I've always referred to it and seen it referred to as the "intermediate shaft". I just bought one from the classifieds on here for $50 shipped and I'm going to use it to do the equal length half shaft swap on my FWD. I think used is going to be your only affordable option.

Here is the website for The Mitsubishi Graveyard and here is his user profile on here if you want to send him a PM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back