The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

9 second 1g auto drag build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My buddy Chip sent me this link of our only pass last Saturday. Talk about LAZY coming out of the hole. New nitrous jet arrived yesterday afternoon so we should be good to go this weekend for some more testing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxs_ShG6cQ]9sec 1g GSX FP Super99 test pass K.P. Tuning - YouTube[/ame]

In car view of me getting whooped up by Cole Marmon. For what it's worth, I wasn't trying to cut a light...just trying to get a new personal best. ...no point when racing a car a full second faster. Didn't get a new PB on that pass. Best pass of the day was the previous one... 9.40 @ 152. I am happy that we qualified though...#32 out of a 58 car field.

The car is sluggish as hell out of the hole without being able to spool it up and properly launch it. Can't wait to get that figured out. Great trip over all...the long waits sucked but the racing was AMAZING! Next year I need to bring a heater because my trailer was FRIGID at night!! LOL!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ1gjxqnCy0]Getting schooled by Cole Marmon - 2013 World Cup Finals - Super Street - 9.49 @ 154 - YouTube[/ame]

1454701_595150157214797_189289591_n.jpg

Custom catch can since i've been filling my other one up lately. ROFL

1453460_595151920547954_1303901539_n.jpg

1456788_595152023881277_1596680266_n.jpg

Great times even with the soft launch... Thanks for sharing your story with us all. Love the white led shift light too BTW! :thumb:

Hey didn't get a chance to speak to ya while I was there but I did enjoy getting to see the car up close and seeing it run in person that event was even more crowded then the previous years.

Nope...car stayed together nicely. Just couldn't hold it on the brakes with the 100 shot.
Chris, do you have any "lift" issues from the front end on launch ? And if so, have you used straps or any other remedy, if you would like to share with us ?
Awesome car by the way :thumb:

Great times even with the soft launch... Thanks for sharing your story with us all. Love the white led shift light too BTW! :thumb:

LED shift light is $9 in parts from Pep Boys! :)

Hey didn't get a chance to speak to ya while I was there but I did enjoy getting to see the car up close and seeing it run in person that event was even more crowded then the previous years.

It was nice seeing you run in person good luck with everything... :thumb:

Thanks guys! The even was definitely a lot of fun. Waiting around sucked bad but the racing made up for it.

Chris, do you have any "lift" issues from the front end on launch ? And if so, have you used straps or any other remedy, if you would like to share with us ?
Awesome car by the way :thumb:

With the coilovers on the car and the right preload and dampening set I get less than 2" of lift which is acceptable to me. No straps on my car as of now.

WCF is over so its time to put this pig on a diet. Lost around 50 lbs just swappingbthe hatch, glass, and wing with the fiberglass and lexan piece. Going to have an aluminum wing made to look like the stock middle just extended.

1450741_10151938706566878_1170847420_n.jpg

Chris, is that a Franks custom fiberglass hatch?

If so, did you have the problem like i did and the FAL back window was too big to fit like stock?

Thats why I ended up selling mine and will be buying a CF hatch. I was wanting it to be able to fit and seal and not have to use rivets.

Not sure Jeremy, I got it as you see it from a local who already had it riveted together but had never used it. It is Franks and FAL though. I have to take it back apart this winter since he didn't open up the fiberglass enough...you can still see it.

So have you ran into any other problems with the Tq converter bolt coming loose after you went to the bigger bolts?

On the old converter? Yes. They still came loose. I ended up tack welding them and they stayed in. After talking to Brad from Bradco, the issue wasn't diameter of the bolt but moreso the minimal thread depth that the factor converter pads offer. The new Bradco converter offers 1/2" bolts with nearly 3/4" thread depth. I've yet to have one work loose on the Bradco converter!

On the old converter? Yes. They still came loose. I ended up tack welding them and they stayed in. After talking to Brad from Bradco, the issue wasn't diameter of the bolt but moreso the minimal thread depth that the factor converter pads offer. The new Bradco converter offers 1/2" bolts with nearly 3/4" thread depth. I've yet to have one work loose on the Bradco converter!

Thats great news, I have a restalled converter from IPT with the Kiggly flex plate, hopefully with the lock tight they stay in.

I may even just go straight to another converter,Im am not looking forward to bolts coming loose at all LOL

Just keep tabs on them in the beginning. If they stay tight after a bunch of pulls they'll more than likely be fine for the long run.

I forgot to mention I ordered up a tubular K-member for the car. Here are some pics of the 1st one built for a guy I know from MD. Integrated DS loop, heavy duty tubing ends, and a great design.

IMG_0913_zps4f825a71.jpg

IMG_0912_zpsc755bd9d.jpg

IMG_0911_zps50fce51b.jpg

IMG_0909_zpsd016a421.jpg

So jealous! And who did you get this from? I didn't know anyone was currently making them and listing them for sale. Can you give us weight?

Weighs 24lbs from what I was told. 40lb weight drop. He had 10 of them built and has them ready to ship in an auto/manual rack/no sway bar setup. Pretty sure power rack could easily be made to work and the 5spd mount could be changed too. These are made in MD by a big domestic fab shop. The guy I know has them ready to go.

Looking good. How much does the k member cost, if you don't mind sharing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back