The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

9 second 1g auto drag build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow lotta progress since the converter ballooned. Hope everything falls in place and you make it to WCF. True street? Post a pic of the catch pan or diaper if you can

The car will be in Super Street due to nitrous (and now turbo size). We finished up the new exhaust today and just started on the catch pan but should have it wrapped up tomorrow. Here's a pic in the very early stages just to show you how much area it covers. Goes from under the rad all the way back to the firewall w/ 2" lips on all 4 sides.

20131015_165041.jpg

The catch pan is all done so we're good to go for Mitsu vs Subie day at E-town as well as WCF at MIR. Also finished up the mount for the chute release handle as well as the new exhaust and dump tube. Still need to fab up a trim ring for the exhaust on the bumper but other than that it's all set.

1381506_10151877379316878_886026342_n.jpg

1380380_10151877379366878_1773538792_n.jpg

1380619_10151876864106878_774703706_n.jpg

1385820_10151876864211878_898900459_n.jpg

1381479_10151876864321878_1277139863_n.jpg

We strapped the car on the dyno last night for some quick baseline retuning but as usual, my car hates the dyno. Sprung a small pinhole coolant leak right around where I had to dent the water pipe. So i'm going to fix that this morning and finish the tuning at the track Saturday.

1380328_10151877431931878_1747538984_n.jpg

So no 165mph trap or 8.5 or faster and we will block you from every DSM site!!!

j/k, good luck with the new setup.

Everything is looking great Chris! The catch pan and exhaust look awesome. :thumb: Good luck and I can't wait to hear more! :D

I foresee some 8's in your near future.

Thanks guys! I hope it happens soon!

All this^. I'm heading to etown in the am. Ill stop by your trailer

See you tomorrow then!

So no 165mph trap or 8.5 or faster and we will block you from every DSM site!!!

j/k, good luck with the new setup.

Baby steps! 8.99 and 150 is a good start. :)

That catch pan is pretty bad ass, I'm looking forward to see what you car puts down in the coming year. And that new turbo is freaking nasty I can't wait to see the comparison to the 6766.

What a day! Got to Englishtown early this morning and the car decided it didn't want to fire the E98 since it was so cold out. So by the time I almost fired the car, the battery died....and my dumb ass forgot the jump box (and jumper cables) at the shop. Luckily somebody went out and found a set for me. So finally fired the car. Quick rush through tech and go to the staging lanes and all of a sudden I press the brake in and it goes to the floor! I tow the car back to my trailer and find out that the slick rubbed through the brake line! So we make some silly contraption of a brake line from parts at the speed shop that ended up not working. Ended up capping off the line for the day w/ those fittings instead. 3 brakes FTW! Again, rushing around, we head over to the staging lanes and sit, sit, sit, sit, and sit some more. Mean while I have the nitrous bottle heater on to try to keep some pressure in it and guess what....battery dies again since I didn't have a full charge in it yet. Again, run around to find some cables, jump it, and finally quickly run off to make a pass. In all the haste I skip putting up my window net and eventually get yelled at for not having it up.

So we didn't have a big enough nitrous pill in (still had the 60 shot in) and it only stalls up to 3400, nets a super lazy 1.7x as well as a sluggish 1/8. Runs a 9.90 @ 148. This is still on super low boost. The good news is the converter is WORKING! Went through the traps at 8000 at 148mph (vs my previous 145 @ 9100).

So then we go out for a 2nd pass at 230 and they freaking closed the lanes for the day. What kind of joke is that?? Today definitely tested my patience. We did learn some stuff from our 1st test pass on the new setup though and hopefully heading back out later this coming week.

892968_637474509606087_2067521756_o.jpg

894780_637473382939533_27133118_o.jpg

You should try to make it out to island drag way this coming saturday we have a event going on. I'll be there with my car testing and tuning the nitrous and the secondary 4 injectors.

Every nitrous kit out there uses a nitrous jet (pill) that can be changed out for a different size. My kit specifically is a basic NOS brand dry single fogger kit. You can get the same kit from NOS, NX, NO2, etc.

Found this video of my one and only pass at Englishtown. You can see just how lazy the car was down low. A bigger pill will definitely solve that issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shows I haven't looked into a N2O kit enough. Thanks for the answer to my dumb question LOL.

Just got one more question, where did u buy your kit and are they vehicle specific for our cars? Im used to old school carb'd applications that dont have different "pills" and can pretty much be bolted on any carb'd car.

thanks!

I pieced my kit together from parts I had laying around since I knew I wouldn't be using a lot of the parts that come with the kit (i.e. fuel fittings, microswitch, etc) since I use the injectors to add extra fuel through DSMlink and use EGR output in Link to activate the solenoid. BUT, if you wanted a kit, you can get NOS p/n 05122NOS (Holley Performance Products Import Nitrous System Dry Design#05122NOS) from anywhere like Jegs or Summit.

Found some pics from Saturday floating around...

10386663065_1a7504eca9_b.jpg

Screenshot2013-10-21at90757AM.png

Screenshot2013-10-21at90814AM.png

Screenshot2013-10-21at90831AM.png

Thanks for the link Chris!

so are you running a dry kit like what you linked me to, since you said your using your secondary injectors to add fuel, or are you using a wet or direct port kit?

I would prefer a "wet" kit like im used to so I dont blow anything up but would use a dry kit or plate setup if I had to, im not sure what would be best for our application though?

thanks again! Car is looking great and ready to put down some sick track times :thumb:

so are you running a dry kit like what you linked me to, since you said your using your secondary injectors to add fuel, or are you using a wet or direct port kit?

He already said he's using a DRY kit. ;)

My kit specifically is a basic NOS brand dry single fogger kit. You can get the same kit from NOS, NX, NO2, etc.

If you're just using a single fogger pre-throttle body, I HIGHLY recommend you use it dry and use your injectors to add fuel via secondary maps. Wet single fogger kits tend to nitrous back fire causing big issues.

If you're just using a single fogger pre-throttle body, I HIGHLY recommend you use it dry and use your injectors to add fuel via secondary maps. Wet single fogger kits tend to nitrous back fire causing big issues.

Thanks man!! I will definitely keep that in mind! For sure dont wanna have a nitrous back fire issue, that would be very bad!

Absolutely...that's why I piece my kits together. I was just giving him an option if he didn't want to go that route.
We are good:thumb:

When it comes to NOS Kits for RACE CARS, I like to have them build and blue printed for that setup... Single Dry Kits go for $475.00 to $500.00 shipped

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back