The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

9.6@149 on the cheap-EL MIRAGE-

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltboostin

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
Last few weeks have been spent back in Mitsubishi land. Had to tune a pile of cars before the DSM shootout, last but not least a fresh tune for El Mirage

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just a mild 2.0L AWD swap in a $50 Mitsu Mirage. Ended up with 620whp out of a 10 year old GT35r in a small .63 turbine on a conservative cam 2 tune. He wanted a "all day long" tune, so I kept it safe

None of the cars I tuned blew up, so I guess I did OK. :) El Mirage went 9.6@149

Matt Step did a killer job with this one.

This car is dirty cheap for its performance ability and really gives me the itch to find yet another Colt and come to the AWD dark side.

And before people say it's a one trick pony, old girl won the MAX EFFORT event-an autocross and drag race with a weighted points average. This car is set up to turn and stop as well as it goes. Its damn near the best budget build I could ever think of. We hope to do some time attack/hot laps with her next season.

Attachments

• IMG_20140812_213805_815.jpg
    IMG_20140812_213805_815.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
Front
Gt Koni inserts with yoshi fab plates (max -1 camber)
Skunk2 springs on eBay perches (350lb6")
1g talon spindles with 2 piston brakes
Stock gt control arms , no swaybar
Rear
Agx shocks with extended rear mounts
Ground control perches with 200lb 8 or 10" eibachs
Stock 1g rear end setup with adjustable upper arms
15x7 Rotas and 24.5 m&h slicks

All used,and rear struts may be blown LOL. Clutch is a used Comp twin-possible warped floater late- Cam2 pumpish gas- 2500-2600 depending on whos driving[DOUBLEPOST=1408646009][/DOUBLEPOST]Even with the bounce in the rear-it shits and gets!

Colts Unite! Matt Step did most of the work on this one.

Cost out of pocket maybe 4-5k tops. You coudl duplicate it for between 4k and 20k. It depends on what you have already, how thrifty your are, and what your skillset it.
For example- Our Own Phill sold a clean AWD roller on here for $300 or so dollars, with harness. Find a Colt for Scrap on C list and a used motor/turbo combo and your have 100% of what your need for the swap for less than a G Bone. The DSM forums are a gold mine for high dollar part outs, I dont think I have purchased anything new for a DSM besides spark plugs since 2004

Im sorry for those I may offend, but DSMtuners and LINK's epic part outs have fueled every Nasty Colt to come out of the Cleveland Area since day one. We are all cheapback yard mechanics!

That shit makes me want to move to Cleveland.

That's crazy light, is that stripped down? I love DSMs, but that weight is too good to pass up?

My 1g with me in it was/is 2400 lbs. And I didn't have a whole lot of weight loss parts on the car. Full glass, no chromoly bars, stock brakes, etc.

This thing was a blast to watch and check out at the shootout!

Colts Unite! Matt Step did most of the work on this one.

Cost out of pocket maybe 4-5k tops. You coudl duplicate it for between 4k and 20k. It depends on what you have already, how thrifty your are, and what your skillset it.
For example- Our Own Phill sold a clean AWD roller on here for $300 or so dollars, with harness. Find a Colt for Scrap on C list and a used motor/turbo combo and your have 100% of what your need for the swap for less than a G Bone. The DSM forums are a gold mine for high dollar part outs, I dont think I have purchased anything new for a DSM besides spark plugs since 2004

Im sorry for those I may offend, but DSMtuners and LINK's epic part outs have fueled every Nasty Colt to come out of the Cleveland Area since day one. We are all cheapback yard mechanics!
Why would that offend anyone? Sometimes it's fun to do a low budget build, these cars are great for budget builds. I think it only gets frustrating when people want the top quality parts but only want to pay 1/4 of what the parts cost to make, and then decide to go with cheap knock off stuff instead. Budget builds are great, but we still need some people in the community buying the quality parts if we want the quality parts to continue to be available to us. Once that stops, those epic part outs are going to dry up too. Gotta support the people who make those quality parts as much as we can.

With that said, I love these budget builds. Makes me want to do one... as if I don't have a project that doesn't need attention already. LOL

wow these things are crazy, been seeing all the colt and mirage builds LOL.

they remind me too much or crx's or a metro though...

crazy power for budget, you must be one hell of a tuner

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back