The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G -8AN fuel feed/-6AN return bulkhead install with Evo siphon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here I'm going to show you how to upgrade your fuel pump housing feed line to -8an and your return to -6an and install an Evo fuel siphon in your 2g DSM.

Why would you want to install the evo siphon?
1: You're upgrading your return line with a bulkhead which will eliminate the hardline that seats in the OEM siphon.
2: You have issues with your return line o-ring not staying seated.

Here's a link to my thread on how to remove/install a Walbro 450 if you need the steps prior to what I'm covering in this thread:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/walbro-450-install-w-bulkhead-fitting.519232/

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's a list of what you'll need:
Evo siphon - MR431128
https://stmtuned.com/products/fuel-tank-assist-pump-oem-evo-7-8-9
-8AN bulkhead - PSI-01138 https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Al...h-Nylon-Washer-and-Nut-BLACK-FRIDAY-SALE.html
-6AN bulkhead - PSI-01136 https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Al...h-Nylon-Washer-and-Nut-BLACK-FRIDAY-SALE.html

Gates R10 5/16" hose - 27093 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R5XSGU/
Vibrant low-profile 90* -8an & -6an fittings
Extreme's bulkheads are the same as the STM ones but cost way less... and I recommend the fuel hose I posted because it's made to be submerged in fuel and will last longer in e85.

First you'll remove your fuel pump as shown in my other thread.
Remove your pump, float, siphon, etc.
Cut off your fuel feed hardline and return hardline using whichever method you desire.
DO NOT CUT YOUR SIPHON/TRANSFER HARDLINE!
I used a pair of bolt cutters and cut both sides of the hardlines off since friend was borrowing my air compressor.
You can use a hand saw, cutting wheel, whatever you have to get the job done.

Then proceeded with a drill bit opening them up to about 9/16" for the bulkheads.
For those that noticed.. This is my spare pump housing because I accidentally cut the siphon hardline on the other and forgot to take pictures when modding my current housing.

Attach your -8/-6an feed/return bulkheads to the pump housing.

If you decide NOT to buy the Evo siphon, here is a picture on how to use the
OEM siphon.
Bulkhead to R10 hose to section of the cut hardline hose to OEM siphon

Here it is installed.
I do NOT recommend this setup but to each their own if you wanna save ~$29.

I cut my Gates hose to size and attached the Evo siphon.
BEFORE you do this, shorten your Evo siphon now to match the OEM length...
It's supposed to be about 1/8" past the metal bracket with the bolt hole running
through it.
I forgot and had to take it back apart after putting everything together.

Install your fuel pump now, reconnect the electrical plug, and reattach the lower metal bracket.

Install your fuel level sensor & attach your low profile 90* fittings.
I marked where the Evo siphon should be cut in this picture.

Here is the siphon cut to the correct length, all that's left is install your fuel pump filter and put it back in the car. Enjoy!

If you have any questions, please feel free to message or email me.
If you found this install helpful and would like to donate for my time, my PayPal is [email protected] or remove if it's not allowed.
In my other thread where I installed the Walbro 450, I drilled out my siphon to 1/8" but I didn't do it to this one yet.
I plan to get it back in the car and see if it's needed since I upgraded my return line size to see how it affects my system.
Here's a thread on how to determine if you may need to enlarge your siphon bore:

https://www.sixsigmatuning.com/fuel...ixsigmatuning.com/fuel-system-troubleshooting

Last edited:
I'm currently in the middle of this task however I'm stuck

The nut for the 6an hits the wall so I can't tighten it. Using stms bulkhead fittings that look just like yours

Mine did the same thing during install too, I just tightened it from the top, outside to snug it down. Hope this helps.

@punk3rz with those low profile fittings did you have issues with them hitting the fuel pump housing cover and putting your rear seats on?

I did not have any issues using the stmtuned vibrant low profiles, but when I did my install I did have an issue with the feed from the drivers side transfer line coming in contact with the fittings, so I ended up having the chop it off too and use a 90degree fuel hose with then 1/4" barbs to connect it. This could be because I drilled a small amount over or too close or something, not too sure but in the end it came out fine.

@punk3rz with those low profile fittings did you have issues with them hitting the fuel pump housing cover and putting your rear seats on?

Ok so I have a final update. I DID have an issue with the feed and return low profile AN fittings still hitting the cover. I had to use some tin snips and a dremel cutting wheel to clear the fittings and then welded on a “hump” over it. No issues with the seat though.

Ok so I have a final update. I DID have an issue with the feed and return low profile AN fittings still hitting the cover. I had to use some tin snips and a dremel cutting wheel to clear the fittings and then welded on a “hump” over it. No issues with the seat though.
Interesting, finished the hangar and had no fitment issues to put the cover or seat on

That is extremely interesting. I used the vibrant low profile -8an feed and -6AN return. Definitely hits so it has to be a brand thing then..
I'll see if I can get a pic. I used the stm bulkhead fittings for the hangar with the 90° low profile(part number posted below) and on my an lines itself used straight fittings

Here I'm going to show you how to upgrade your fuel pump housing feed line to -8an and your return to -6an and install an Evo fuel siphon in your 2g DSM.

Why would you want to install the evo siphon?
1: You're upgrading your return line with a bulkhead which will eliminate the hardline that seats in the OEM siphon.
2: You have issues with your return line o-ring not staying seated.

Here's a link to my thread on how to remove/install a Walbro 450 if you need the steps prior to what I'm covering in this thread:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/walbro-450-install-w-bulkhead-fitting.519232/

Here's a list of what you'll need:
Evo siphon - MR431128
https://stmtuned.com/products/fuel-tank-assist-pump-oem-evo-7-8-9
-8AN bulkhead - PSI-01138 https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Al...h-Nylon-Washer-and-Nut-BLACK-FRIDAY-SALE.html
-6AN bulkhead - PSI-01136 https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Al...h-Nylon-Washer-and-Nut-BLACK-FRIDAY-SALE.html

Gates R10 5/16" hose - 27093
Vibrant low-profile 90* -8an & -6an fittings
Extreme's bulkheads are the same as the STM ones but cost way less... and I recommend the fuel hose I posted because it's made to be submerged in fuel and will last longer in e85.

First you'll remove your fuel pump as shown in my other thread.
Remove your pump, float, siphon, etc.
Cut off your fuel feed hardline and return hardline using whichever method you desire.
DO NOT CUT YOUR SIPHON/TRANSFER HARDLINE!
I used a pair of bolt cutters and cut both sides of the hardlines off since friend was borrowing my air compressor.
You can use a hand saw, cutting wheel, whatever you have to get the job done.

Then proceeded with a drill bit opening them up to about 9/16" for the bulkheads.
For those that noticed.. This is my spare pump housing because I accidentally cut the siphon hardline on the other and forgot to take pictures when modding my current housing.

Attach your -8/-6an feed/return bulkheads to the pump housing.

If you decide NOT to buy the Evo siphon, here is a picture on how to use the OEM siphon.
Bulkhead to R10 hose to section of the cut hardline hose to OEM siphon

Here it is installed.
I do NOT recommend this setup but to each their own if you wanna save ~$29.

I cut my Gates hose to size and attached the Evo siphon.
BEFORE you do this, shorten your Evo siphon now to match the OEM length...
It's supposed to be about 1/8" past the metal bracket with the bolt hole running
through it.
I forgot and had to take it back apart after putting everything together.

Install your fuel pump now, reconnect the electrical plug, and reattach the lower metal bracket.

Install your fuel level sensor & attach your low profile 90* fittings.
I marked where the Evo siphon should be cut in this picture.

Here is the siphon cut to the correct length, all that's left is install your fuel pump filter and put it back in the car. Enjoy!

If you have any questions, please feel free to message or email me.
If you found this install helpful and would like to donate for my time, my PayPal is [email protected] or remove if it's not allowed.
In my other thread where I installed the Walbro 450, I drilled out my siphon to 1/8" but I didn't do it to this one yet.
I plan to get it back in the car and see if it's needed since I upgraded my return line size to see how it affects my system.
Here's a thread on how to determine if you may need to enlarge your siphon bore:

https://www.sixsigmatuning.com/fuel...ixsigmatuning.com/fuel-system-troubleshooting
Did you end up having to drill your siphon? If so, did you do the 1/8" or larger? I will be doing this with a Walbro 450LPH Hi Pressure pump soon and would love to drill the siphon while putting this together if needed.

Did you end up having to drill your siphon? If so, did you do the 1/8" or larger? I will be doing this with a Walbro 450LPH Hi Pressure pump soon and would love to drill the siphon while putting this together if needed.

Yup def drill the siphon with the 1/8. Should be plenty. I am running mine with no issues. I DID end up switching the 90deg fitting out and found out it has to be a tight clearance fitting with a little bit of a neck on it! That’s what makes it clear the cover.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back