The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

7bolt ARP install / Head gasket questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottsee

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
casa grande, Arizona
I'm 4 mods away from beeing DONE with this car (arp/cams/clutch/coilovers). I'm kinda tired thinking, searching deals, and working on this car.. It's awsome but I want to enjoy it next year and not spend EVERY darn day off I have doing somthing to it.

I bought a new Cometic HG last year for $45 when I was still planing on doing a 1g head swap. I just bought some new 2g 12mm ARP head studs for $50. I've decited on fp2/com2 style cams becasue they are alot cheaper then HKS bumpstics. I'll probably pull the credit card out a buy the cams around december when EVERYTHING goes down in price on Ebay and put the ARP/Cams in at the same time.

My question: I really not sure if I want to take my 2g head off and have a R-30 mill/finish done on it for this Comettic HG. I can't really have this car down for a couple days. So I was wondering if I just go a stock 2g HG form the dealer if it will hold 30psi with ARP's? I know the Stock gaskets seal alot better with imperfections to the deck surface. I'm looking for a good/reliable way to boost 26-30psi on my evo316g to march into the 11's.

Thankfull as always, Scott..

If your going to run 30lbs with ARP studs, I would want to use a metal HG to be safe. I went to mitsubishi and picked up a 4-layer metal HG for about $70 with my DSM discount. Its a little over $100 without it. Good thing about this Head Gasket is it is the last one you will need to buy, and can be reused since it is not a crush gasket like all the others. Its great. You can run well over 30lbs with it as well.

PS. When you install the ARP headstuds, tourque them down in stages of 30, 50, 75, 95 and you can do one more stage depending on what boost you want to run. I stopped at 95 because im going to be running 20 lbs for a while. Good luck dude! :thumb:

I use a Fel-Pro or similar head gasket with my ARP's and it's working out great. I also don't run the boost you're looking at though. I did mine 30, 60, then finished at 90. Then checked and retorqued around 1500-2000 miles.

On a side note, I get a DSM discount at my dealer, too. Coincidence? I think not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back