The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

78 Chevy LUV Build w/ 4G63T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well did some cleaning up of the floor pans. Before, during and after pictures. Will be putting down some dynamat, add an e-brake and some new carpet.
Also picked up a isuzu trooper sway bar to upgrade my stock one, in process of cleaning it up and powder coating. Grabbed a miata parking brake and will be mated with lokar universal parking cables. More to come...also new intercooler coming up for LUVLEE.

floorpan1.jpg
floorpan2.jpg
floorpan3.jpg
floorpan4.jpg
floorpan5.jpg
floorpan6.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished up the carpet install, not perfect at all to my liking but it's better than 40 year old carpet. Bench seat is back in, miata e brake installed (cables will be installed later). Coming later will be a new intercooler, bigger of course. Upgrading sway bar that was recently powder coated red. More upgrades to come and can't wait for spring time.
carpet1.jpg
carpet2.jpg
carpet3.jpg
intercoolers.jpg
swaybar1.jpg
swaybar2.jpg

Here is an update on LUVLEE #4g63luv. Updated to a k&n filter from the spectra autozone filter. Intercooler grew a bit so needing some more fitment. Couple of pictures and before and after. Runs and drives super well. Has issue installing my trooper sway bar, might move the sway bar bushing locations to make it work; that will be later down the line. I will start throwing some videos once the weather starts cooperating and car meets not being cancelled. I hope everyone stays safe out there.

engine4g63.jpg
kn.jpg
intercoolers2.jpg
intercoolers3.jpg
intercoolers4.jpg
intercoolers5.jpg
intercoolers6.jpg
front.jpg

Took this quarantine time and cleaned up the interior a bit and did some door panels. Bought these aluminum panels but did some of my touch ups with some vinyl and dailydriven bolt washers. What you guys think? And added some decals to the tank. Stay safe everyone.
decals.jpg
doorpanel4.jpg
doorpanel3.jpg
doorpanel2.jpg
doorpanel1.jpg

My brother cleaned up the picture and added some tint to it (so now I need to add some tint) Looks awesome! #4G63LUV #breakout_productionz
LuvPic.jpg

Last edited:
No major updates, fixed my door sagging issues on both doors also added new door seals. What a pain to remove the old pins, lots of hammering and drilling. Painted my side emblems and added my IG decal onto my fuel cell. IG: 4G63LUV

4g63luv.jpg
emblems.jpg
hinges.jpg

Made a few updates and cruise shots. Relocated my coil pack under the evo 8 manifold with zero issues using JMF relocation bracket. Also made a cover piece wrapped in carbon to cover up my ECU and wiring. I still want to clean up the wiring in the engine bay.

lake view1.jpg
lake view2.jpg
lake view3.jpg
coilp relocate.jpg
interior.jpg

Couple of weeks ago LOL (leaks not coming from Luv)
Happy Free Ride Friday! #readyforliftoff
Had a minor electrical issue where #LUVLEE didn't want to start. Towed home and started right up at home LOL, keyless ignition issue got fixed. At least nothing major, she is back on the road.
tow1.jpg
tow2.jpg
tow3.jpg
tow4.jpg
tow5.JPG

Not the lift I wanted to do on the luv today LOL. Transmission decided to come out because it only wanted to stay in 1st. Not bad to drop out of this luv with a 4g63 connected to it. It's nice to have friends in high places, thanks for letting me use the lift and a flat bed trailer.

lift1.jpg
lift2.jpg
lift3.jpg
lift4.jpg
lift5.jpg

Moved it out of the garage for a bit, for a good reason too. Bigger things to come...
For the Panda and LuvLee...
move2020.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy 2021! #LUVLEE and #pandatalon found its new home in a bigger shop thanks to the wifey @bbyruth82
More exciting stuff to come to #4g63luv for the new years.
newhome1.jpg
newhome3.jpg
newhome2.jpg

The sun peaked out for a bit, decided to take some pictures of the LUV

spring2021_4.jpg
spring2021_3.jpg
spring2021_2.jpg
spring2021_1.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back