The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

76htz fp red

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syndr0me

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2011
Pincourt, QC_Canada
Hello,

I purchased this turbo from a buddy for half the price with less than 500miles on it.

I know there are lots of threads about the older versions of the FP red has it was a very popular turbo back in the hay days.

But now I'm trying to find "reviews" or customer experiences with this "newer" 76htz wheel.

I also keep reading threads from like 2012 saying it's all old tech and surpassed by newer turbos now. Now its 2019, is this 76htz even relevant? What is a comparable, newer turbo? What's the spool time on this ?

Coming from a evo 3 16g and a evo 3 gt manifold on a 6 bolt swap, I'm sure I'll enjoy this new turbo but I'm looking for threads to read about it but it's a complete ghost town !

I have the dsm76 which is similar to the red. The dsm76 uses the same 76htz compressor wheel as the new red. I wouldn't worry about it being old technology unless you're trying to set records or stand above the rest. For the other 99% of us, having a car that hauls ass is plenty. You're probably looking at 30psi by 46-4800rpms. My turbo is a lot of fun and I would recommend it to others with street cars.

Regardless of whether it's the HTA or HTZ compressor aero any reviews you read will apply to either one as the design differences between the wheels are minimal. You have the current version offered by Forced Performance so there are no newer revisions. Spool time will vary depending on the boost level, supporting mods, tune, and manifold selection but it's pretty safe to say you'll be close to 1000rpms laggier than an Evo III 16G at the same boost level on level ground in 3rd gear due to the larger rotor group and turbine housing a/r.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/hta-vs-htz-whats-the-difference.509826/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back