The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

75 amp alternator vs 90 amp alternator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duper15597

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2004
georgetown, Kentucky
OK guys I need to replace my stock alternator. But I have been looking at a 90 amp one instead of the stock 75. I see that there is a nice price jump up to the 90 amp. Is it worth the money and where can I get one for a good price new? I see them on websites for 300 and up. Is that typical? Thanks guys

If you need the extra amps than it would be worth it, but you could always look into finding a good 90 amp used.

Yep, I'll be that guy.
The OEM alternators are all the same. 75amp 90 amp, no difference. It all just comes down to the sticker for Canadian winters. If you're shopping OEM, don't bother hunting around for a 90amp unit.
It's an old debate, but that's the side of the fence I play on.

Now, whatever the parts store is trying to sell you, that may-well be different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back