The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 704 spinning on the dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsiGoneT-Esi

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2003
tampa/brandon, Florida
Well guys we have finally broke the 420a hp record. The prior record was set by dsmzero making 661 whp in a 63mm turbo and haltech. We are running the world's first 420a to run an Evo ecu and flash for tuning. We put down 705 spinning on the dyno over here at powertech. ARH autpmotive built the car and Carlos with bp specialty tuned the car. 6766 t3 frame, stock block with pistons and rods, stock crank, felpro metal hg, standard arps, crower valve train, ss 1mm oversized valves, crower 3 cams, amm intake and exhaust manifolds, e85 and bosch 2200s.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20170125_105630.jpg
    20170125_105630.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot_20170125-123419.png
    Screenshot_20170125-123419.png
    685.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 20170125_105630.jpg
    20170125_105630.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 158
That thing sounds mean!

Congrats on breaking that record and getting the evo ecu to work. I remember seeing details on the evo ecu on Facebook but I have since left that group.

Well guys we have finally broke the 420a hp record. The prior record was set by dsmzero making 661 whp in a 63mm turbo and haltech. We are running the world's first 420a to run an Evo ecu and flash for tuning. We put down 705 spinning on the dyno over here at powertech. ARH autpmotive built the car and Carlos with bp specialty tuned the car. 6766 t3 frame, stock block with pistons and rods, stock crank, felpro metal hg, standard arps, crower valve train, ss 1mm oversized valves, crower 3 cams, amm intake and exhaust manifolds, e85 and bosch 2200s.
nice job

...stock block with pistons and rods, stock crank...
Am I reading this correctly, the bottom end is a stock 9.8:1CR 420A?

How much boost are you running?

I don't understand why people share their charts with MPH on the x axis. Maybe I just don't understand when that information would be more useful than a graph with the power against the engine rpm.

Great numbers, what kind of money did your build take to get there?

I don't understand why people share their charts with MPH on the x axis. Maybe I just don't understand when that information would be more useful than a graph with the power against the engine rpm.

Dynojets are notorious for RPM pickup glitches.

Really? I only ran into one car in 2 years of operating a dynojet that I couldn't get the rpm pickup to work with. It was a Dynojet, but Im not sure what model. This was nearly a decade ago now. We were even getting coil-on-plug setups to read rpm signal with inductive clamp around primary side wires.

I typically don't see anyone posting dyno charts on LS1 forums with the x-axis displaying the vehicle speed. I personally think doing so is a strategy to hide the limited range of a small displacement engine's power band. I could be wrong....

I guess I wold have to google around and read about those notorious glitches since I haven't heard of or seen them before.

This a lot of times is because of signal loss which results in a missing chart line the only way to get the line back is to convert to speed vs rpm.

Really? I only ran into one car in 2 years of operating a dynojet that I couldn't get the rpm pickup to work with. It was a Dynojet, but Im not sure what model. This was nearly a decade ago now. We were even getting coil-on-plug setups to read rpm signal with inductive clamp around primary side wires.

I typically don't see anyone posting dyno charts on LS1 forums with the x-axis displaying the vehicle speed. I personally think doing so is a strategy to hide the limited range of a small displacement engine's power band. I could be wrong....

I guess I wold have to google around and read about those notorious glitches since I haven't heard of or seen them before.
I don't think this is the case here. One of my older dyno sheets powerband Imo has a nice range on the 4g63 platform.

I don't think this is the case here. One of my older dyno sheets powerband Imo has a nice range on the 4g63 platform.

Keltalon, It does show a nice power band for a small displacement engine, you clearly have a nice setup! When I ran a dynojet I couldn't give a customer his results in vehicle speed, and would personally not settle for that either. I mean to each their own, but I still think its a tactic to hide that they are spinning 4500 rpm (or more) to break the 300 ft-lbs mark. From my experience it is only the small displacement tuners that have all these issues with the inductive pickup and it feels like they are trying to "hide" something. I will acknowledge that this is my opinion and I could be entirely wrong. I will keep in mind the points you have all made and try to give people the benefit of the doubt from now on.

Not trying to start a debate with a true wiseman kel, you have my respect for everything you have managed to do with this platform. I haven't come close, and never will...

Keltalon, It does show a nice power band for a small displacement engine, you clearly have a nice setup! When I ran a dynojet I couldn't give a customer his results in vehicle speed, and would personally not settle for that either. I mean to each their own, but I still think its a tactic to hide that they are spinning 4500 rpm (or more) to break the 300 ft-lbs mark. From my experience it is only the small displacement tuners that have all these issues with the inductive pickup and it feels like they are trying to "hide" something. I will acknowledge that this is my opinion and I could be entirely wrong. I will keep in mind the points you have all made and try to give people the benefit of the doubt from now on.

Not trying to start a debate with a true wiseman kel, you have my respect for everything you have managed to do with this platform. I haven't come close, and never will...
I appreciate your input and I do understand what you are saying thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry guys. I rarely log in here. Since this we have made it to 795whp. We maxed out our e boost 2 boost controller. The car went to the track, with all the bugs not worked out and several issues we pulled an 11.2 @139.5. Sadly the throttle shaft broke on this pass and we had some valve train issues. We will be back out tomorrow at Orlando speed world. Feel free to contact me on Facebook or Instagram.

No way the Pistons and rods are stock. They are not capable of 300hp... let alone 700.

I think it's lack of punctuation. Like ceedawg said.
Correct LOL. What i meant was a stock block, not filled. It has crower rods and je pistons installed.

Hey guys! havent been on in a while figured i would update this thread. car has since made 840whp @40psi and is currently the quickest and fastest

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back