The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

700+ hp evo8

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishihadatalon said:
the magazine says that it has 600 flywheel hp.

true but further along in the article it says 'Hung on an Automotorsports exhaust manifold, the Garrett GT35R turbo promises more than 700 hp at maximum output.'

When you build a SHOW CAR, you need lots of different gauges so the judges are impressed! :p 600 hp is sweet, but I doubt that car is ever driven to it's potential with the body kit and all.

did you see the 712 whp evo 8 in the turbo mag for Febuary, import tuner is usually to much rice involved then i prefer

Let's hope that I never line up next to it. That's all I can say. We could nitpick this car to death, but that's silly. It's cool, there are alot of things done to it that I personaly don't care for, but I know my car won't beat it.

99redgst said:
I can't decide which is more ugly, the girl or the evo. Whats up with that wing? :thumbdown

HAHA, i was thinking the same thing. Evo's are cool, but this guy butchered it.

Quasimondo said:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:rolleyes:

Oh god... 700hp or not an A/F gauge still won't do dick for tuning WOT. However, for just tuning idle and low throttle, it is actually very helpful.

Yeah, real helpful. Shows if your o2 sensor is dead or alive. That's really all it does folks. However, I knew mine was dead in my 2g when the a/f guage just sat on red. Of course I knew for other reasons too. It's just a flashy gauge.

First off, that thing is not 700hp. Yes the GT35R can promise that, but nowhere in the article does it say he dynoed at 700hp.

I know for a fact he can't be at 700hp on stock ignition. A local guy that I know personally has a 600hp EVO with a bigger turbo (GT45R I think), bigger injectors, and a coil-on plug ignition setup custom made by Tym Switzer. The car is built to the brim by AMS in Chicago and made 600awhp on a Porche dyno.

So that EVO is definately not 700hp :thumbdown

Secondly, that wing is hideos, but to each their own.

Georg51 said:
First off, that thing is not 700hp. Yes the GT35R can promise that, but nowhere in the article does it say he dynoed at 700hp.

I know for a fact he can't be at 700hp on stock ignition. A local guy that I know personally has a 600hp EVO with a bigger turbo (GT45R I think), bigger injectors, and a coil-on plug ignition setup custom made by Tym Switzer. The car is built to the brim by AMS in Chicago and made 600awhp on a Porche dyno.

So that EVO is definately not 700hp :thumbdown

Secondly, that wing is hideos, but to each their own.

Umm all evos have coil on plug!

No way is it 700hp.... You could bolt a GT35R to anything and if the rest of the car is'nt setup right :barf: with the amount of time on "non-performance" mods I'm sure it did'nt get much tuning time..

The first car does'nt have the stock coils...

The stock coils are DECOP.. Double Ended (DE) Basically two on the plug with two short plug wires...

The second pic is SECOP.. Single ended (SE) one coil per plug....

It's the same system they made for DSM's Adapted to a EVO VC...

MNGSX said:
The first car does'nt have the stock coils...
The stock coils are DECOP.. Double Ended (DE) Basically two on the plug with two short plug wires...
The second pic is SECOP.. Single ended (SE) one coil per plug....
It's the same system they made for DSM's Adapted to a EVO VC...

The point was, that once EVOs get above 600hp you have to upgrade the ignition system, I know this from a fact when my friend Chris ran his GT35R EVO at the shootout against the AMS shop EVO and was having problems with the stock ignition system. The AMS shop EVO was having the same problems. Tym Switzer addresses this with his coil-on plug system, so if the stock system is supposedly better then why does it falter like this?

Thats kool My main point in this thread is that the car in the article was all rice and ice and the ET's wont be nice.

MNGSX said:
Thats kool My main point in this thread is that the car in the article was all rice and ice and the ET's wont be nice.

TOTALLY AGREED

The truth is, without a good flywheel/clutch combo on a stock tranny that car is most likely hell to drive. My friend's EVO is daily driven with ~450hp on pump gas and he has problems with wearing clutches out real bad, and it gets real expensive.

That car, however powerful, is a disgrace to EVO's in America.

Are those gauges photoshopped?
Why is the boost gauge at 30lbs vacuum. Shouldn't it be at 0?
Perhaps the car was deaccelerating when the pic was taken, which would mean he has crankwalk because there's no oil pressure. He's screwed, the rice has screwed with the performance.

Infinity said:
Are those gauges photoshopped?
Why is the boost gauge at 30lbs vacuum. Shouldn't it be at 0?
Perhaps the car was deaccelerating when the pic was taken, which would mean he has crankwalk because there's no oil pressure. He's screwed, the rice has screwed with the performance.
I think it's safe to assume the car is turned off when the pictures were taken, although his nitrous gauge has the needle maxed out....guess that's where it sits when the car is off.

Georg51 said:
I think it's safe to assume the car is turned off when the pictures were taken, although his nitrous gauge has the needle maxed out....guess that's where it sits when the car is off.

Car's off & his gauge is in a vacuum? With the Nitrous gauge at 15? I dunno..

That is bottle pressure not what amount of N20 is turned on at the moment.... It may be a mechanical gauge.

The boost gauge is electronic. When off the needle will fall and peg out on the low side..

The AFR disco is rice however...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back