The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

7 Second Build - Red Demon - Boostin Performance Built & Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostin Performance

Proven Member
Jan 7, 2014
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Its time to finally post up some details regarding our plans for the Red Demon and the 2014 season. Below are some videos and pictures taken during last year's action. Enjoy. :thumb:

The plan for 2014 is to transform the Red Demon into a consistent 7 second car - not a car that goes 7.99 once. For this, refinement is the key. We don't plan on using some overly complicated new setup, like many people do at this level. A nice clean setup has gotten us this far, so changing our approach isn't going to happen. Devin plans on keeping the H Pattern shifter and FP Super 99 Turbo, but will be running one of our new 2.0L LR High Compression Short Blocks.

Setup from last year (2013)

Engine / Turbo:
BP Built 11.5:1 2.0L
BP Stage 3 Head with Kelford 288 Cams
Magnus Cast IM
Punishment Racing header w/ FP Super 9 Turbocharger
ETS 6" IC w/ Custom BP 3" intercooler piping

Drivetrain / Suspension:
Dogbox PPG gearset
BP upgraded 300M T-case
BP built rear end with spool
DSS HD driveshaft and Stage 5 rear axles
Magnus rear subframe
KYB AGX struts with custom springs
Volk TE 37's in 15" w/ MT 26" slicks

Fuel / Ignition:
ID 2000's
Dual Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps
Aeromotive A1000 regulator
BP Custom 4 gallon cell in stock location
SparkTech seq. CDI ignition​

Some changes we plan on making for the 2014 season:​

-More weight reduction
-tubular front core support
-tubular front subframe
-CB ceramic wheel bearings all the way around
-Dual fuel rail Magnus IM
-Aeromotive Pro Series Fuel Pump

This is not everything that we will be changing, so check back often for updates. We know we are getting a late start on this build, due to some customer projects taking priority. We also just picked up a GTR, so Devin has been distracted a little bit to say the least.

We also wanted to take the time to thank our sponsors:
-Sheptrans - for a unbreakable dogbox transmission
-ETS - for their 6" Intercooler that allows for nice steady intake temps
-Sparktech - for their Sequential CDI Ignition System that we have been running for 4 years without any issues
-Forced Performance - for pushing the envelope in Turbochager design and performance, and for a potent turbo (Super 99) at a great price

Some new sponsors are on board for this 2014 season:
-Magnus - their cast IM's are second to none and for 2014 ours will be fitted with a dual fuel rail setup
-Comp Clutch - we will be running their triple disc clutch that is already proven in many other applications

8.12 Video

8.18 Video

King OF The Streets Competition Video
[ame=http://youtu.be/eC60NPasvhw]The RED DEMON - 8 Second Talon - YouTube[/ame]

a6337706-503f-449a-9562-d33ac5ebe555.gif

42509d42-1de2-49d2-a83e-8a7cadbba520.gif

a3bb6fe4-59dd-4072-8796-0a3d7593af7c.gif

fa61e40d-1dd8-42d8-afc1-a2255a1dedc5.gif

How she sits now, with the battery tender and all
e5163089-9a2d-43ca-8ec3-f5857c0cad49.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One sick ride. I can't imagine what its like riding that missile down the straight. Judging by the rivets in the windshield it looks like you guys already have swapped all the glass. Carbon fiber doors ftw!

Simple works...good luck!

Maybe since your posting a "build thread", maybe a chance you can get some details of what's already done to the car.

I know I live too far away to personally see this car run so perhaps this was some common knowledge thing at the event but did no one else notice the storm trooper in the crowd?
Yep... Haha!

I'm super excited to see the progress this year! Good luck!

Attachments

• 1150476_622899154407159_1451106337_o.jpg
    1150476_622899154407159_1451106337_o.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 1095039_622599227770485_722170246_n.jpg
    1095039_622599227770485_722170246_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 379
Glad to see you guys are sticking with the H pattern shifter! Crazy car:rocks:

Sick ! Badass build, best of luck guys. But it looks like the storm trooper is trying to lure you to the dark side, LOL

I know I live too far away to personally see this car run so perhaps this was some common knowledge thing at the event but did no one else notice the storm trooper in the crowd?

you live closer to the shootout then i do and i drive my car all the way there. no excuses sir haha

anyways love the car you guys! cant wait to see it in person again this year, soo subscribing to this thread! :D

Love this car, and love how it's always pushing the envelope! Can't wait to see this monster tear up the track this season. :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words

One sick ride. I can't imagine what its like riding that missile down the straight. Judging by the rivets in the windshield it looks like you guys already have swapped all the glass. Carbon fiber doors ftw!

:D That's what its like, and Thanks

The front and rear are lexan but the 4 side windows are glass.

Maybe since your posting a "build thread", maybe a chance you can get some details of what's already done to the car.

That would make sense, so I put this up in the original post also.

How the car was raced last year

Engine / Turbo:
BP Built 11.5:1 2.0L
BP Stage 3 Head with Kelford 288 Cams
Magnus Cast IM
Punishment Racing header w/ FP Super 99 Turbocharger
ETS 6" IC w/ Custom BP 3" intercooler piping

Drivetrain / Suspension:
Dogbox PPG gearset
BP upgraded 300M T-case
BP built rear end with spool
DSS HD driveshaft and Stage 5 rear axles
Magnus rear subframe
KYB AGX struts with custom springs
Volk TE 37's in 15" w/ MT 26" slicks

Fuel / Ignition:
ID 2000's
Dual Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps
Aeromotive A1000 regulator
BP Custom 4 gallon cell in stock location
SparkTech seq. CDI ignition

Your car has been a huge inspiration to my build!! Cant wait to see what all is done to the car to make it is what it is!

What kind of tires are you using to get the great 60' times??

Keep it up!

15" Rims with 26" tall M/T's:thumb:

I'll be by the shop on the 5th for a buddies tune on his evo. Can't wait to check things out!

See you then;)

This.

What's in the new shortblock vs the old?

Old 2.0L vs. New LR 2.0L

150mm rod / 156mm rod
Half fill / Full fill
steel rod / aluminum rod

Ill be getting my car tuned May 9th by you guys and I cant wait to see what you guys can do! Im way to excited haha

Looking forward to it:thumb:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back