The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

7-bolt head on a 6-bolt block list

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonster

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2005
Carmel, Indiana
Alright so I have been searching for the past few days on what exactly is needed for the 7-bolt head on a 6-bolt block. Some say you have to drill the head to fit the bigger studs, thast not one of my problems, but I have heard that you should use 1g cams along with the 1g CAS (cam angle sensor). If someone would be kind enough to show me a post or link that gives detailed list on what is needed for the 7-bolt head on a 6-bolt block I would greatly appreciate it. Also another question, do I indeed have to use the 1g CAS on my 2g head or can I use the 2g CAS?

Thanks,

Tony :dsm:

What you need to drill bigger is the holes the head studs go through since the 6 bolt ones are bigger than the 7 bolt head studs. I have heard of people not drilling it and jumping on the head to get it to work, but I don't know how you would be able to get it off then. Unless you have a ported (better than 1g) head, it is a performance downgrade and is pointless to put on unless you are keeping it stock and don't care.

12's...I already know info about the studs, but thanks for the help...My main concern is still just swapping the head onto the AMS 6-bolt motor and using my 7-bolt head

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back