The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

7 bolt head on 6 bolt block... What needs to be done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superorange

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2008
hollywood, Florida
The head is from a 2g and I have 6bolt arps and block. What needs to be drilled/ done to the head to fit/ work on my setup? Please help. Thank you.

Does anyone have the link to the page on rre's site? I can't find it and don't want any mistakes.

Thanks for the help basically I need to know anything I will need to change or buy to switch to 7 bolt head so far I have the head and manifold that is all. The head is at the machine shop getting resurfaced and going to be modded to fit the 6 bolt arps. What else will I need to buy or change. Thank you.

You forgot to mention this 7 bolt head will be going in a 1g so it already has a CAS. You need to bore the head studs out to 12mm, and get the right intake manifold.

Does the thermostat housing need to be a 7 bolt one?

You forgot to mention this 7 bolt head will be going in a 1g so it already has a CAS. You need to bore the head studs out to 12mm, and get the right intake manifold.

Since it is going in a 1G, it would be preferable to use a 1G thermostat housing.

He said he's putting a 2g 7 bolt head in. If it is the 95-96 then you don't have the 1g style CAS, the 97-99 have a CAS that is similar to the 1g style.

I have the same set up 2g 7 bolt head with 1g block and used the 2g thermostat housing and 2g water pipe (I have a 14b installed at the moment).

You can use the 1g thermostat housing and 1g pipe if you want, but you would also need the 1g lower radator hose.

You are going to have problems if you drill those holes out to only the size of the 6 bolt studs (12mm).

Right, It is not 12mm you need the head drilled out to, rather 13mm or 1/2 inch, you have to have some clearance around the head bolt/stud.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back