The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

7-bolt 4G63 Crank Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96GST96

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
I've done an extensive amount of research on how to actually take the crank out, not just remove the pulley. I'm a visual learner rather than a literary learner. So far I've got all the pulleys off, and the oil pan (short block out of car) I've got it turned upside down, and all bolts are removed. I just took the crank sensor off and now I'm kinda stuck LOL. Doing this solo isn't going as well and easy as I had hoped. I've looked up Jafrob and others, but cannot find a 4G63 7-Bolt Crank removal video online either. Can anyone assist me in exactly what I need to do? I'm taking it out so I can swap it into my 4G64 block, as I'm putting together a 'destroked' 2.2L machine.
Thanks guys and gals! :rocks:

You need to take out the rear main seal carrier as well. You also need to take the main girdle out by unbolting everything. You also need to unbolt the rod bearing caps. After that you should be able to pull the crankshaft out. You need to remove the front case (oil pump) by taking all of the bolts off the front.

Yah the main girdle is in there pretty good. After your bolts are out you need to use some muscle and pull it on out.
Post up some pictures if you're still stuck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back