The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 6bolt swap/95 EPROM ECU/DSMLink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bastard1g

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2003
Jacksonville, Florida
i have a 98 gst that i am gonna do the 6 bolt swap on and I have some questions that I havent found through searching.

Mike from road race told me I have to have a 92-94 cas to use their cas harness for the 6 bolt swap. I dont understand the diff. between a 92-94 and a 90-91

How do you swap in a 95 eprom ecu which thinks its reading a hall effect instead of a 6 bolt cas?

Is there anyway of getting rid of that random misfire code perminently instead of the baro-preasure sensor mod?

Aside from the baro wire mod, or praying you're one of the lucky ones that doesnt get it, DSMlink is the only way to be rid of the RM CEL crap in a stock ECU configuration. I dont know why RRE says you have to use CAS from certain years, but I would trust that if there is a difference they know what it is. You might try asking them. The 1g sensor and 95 ecu work fine together, but you have to swap plug wires (2 and 3 on the 1/4 coil, and vice versa), and swap the injectors wires at the harness (magnus page?) or "invert CAS" in dSMlink.

I spoke with a friend of mine last night and he told me that the 93-94 cas doesnt cause the rm check engine light. I didnt ask why though.

Bastard1g said:
I spoke with a friend of mine last night and he told me that the 93-94 cas doesnt cause the rm check engine light. I didnt ask why though.

its still does ( i got one ) its just better odds.

yea, I am just gonna re-wire my shit (89-90) and do the baro mod. I am gonna get a safc and call it a day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back