The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

68hta pics...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowdygst

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2011
san antonio, Texas
well i have a 5031 pte turbo that im trading for a 68hta, cause im not looking for crazy power maybe like 370-380whp on 93oct and meth, well the 68hta has bent fins cause the previous owner sucked in the o2sensor wire, the turbo has no shaft play, it dont smoke it boost fine, and the car has gone mid 11's at 120+ traps on the codition it sits, it just makes a whine sound under boost cause of the bent fins.. now i have talked to fp about buying a new compressor wheel.

so my question is this, would i be able to run the turbo with no problems? this would not harm my engine, or should i run my big 16gtill i can get the 68hta a new wheel? i know it seems kinda like a dumb question, but i just got done rebuilding my motor and dot want to harm it, i doubt this will affect the motor but just want to make sure

Whats worth more to you.. you new motor or replacing bent fins to make sure your new motor stays new?

Really the answer is simple.. stay with your 16g until you can get that 68 fixed.

It's really not worth the risk of it possibly being injested into the engine is it? The answer is simple. Run the 16g until you get the 68 fixed like 96WhiteTSi already said.

It will also be terribly unbalanced. If you run it, it will be forcing the turbine shaft into the bearings destroying those and the shaft making it need more than just a rebuild. A buddy of mine dropped a e316g with no compressor cover, damaged the compressor wheel (chip) - tried running it...you could hear that poor thing cry. I got it for free and it needed a rebuild. Wasn't even on his car for maybe 10 miles before the bearings were torn up pretty good. Don't run it.

Ok, ill run my 16g untill I can buy a new wheel and re balance the turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back