The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

6266 Build or Bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Today’s the day! I finally have a “built” motor LOL, can’t wait to get this thing in the car with the new trans:D.
C3C1A3FC-7AA0-40F9-8206-C458DEF677C9.jpeg
E46CA85E-2E80-425A-A643-A0D41BAF7877.jpeg
DF923FC5-CFA7-477E-97C1-BAD16BCB79DB.jpeg

Moving right along, yesterday I finished up the balance shaft delete, got my ole trusty special tool out I used a few years ago on stock rebuild for the balancer bearings.
818E873D-ECAC-4DD2-98A9-F42E24996D89.jpeg
Makes installation pretty simple.
D36689AB-CE2D-4DFA-982F-A4D350DCB975.jpeg
Also installed the front cover, and “modified” my brand new oil pan by beating it with a hammer to fit with the kiggly girdle:toobad:.
9D6A7D2E-0C37-45F9-B628-8F665A0FE903.jpeg
Next up I grabbed the “right stuff” and went to town!
0AAA8DFB-BAFF-49A3-90E3-6125435B599A.jpeg
9F6E64C8-E393-4D96-8BE7-388AD09F6272.jpeg
A7F5293C-5B16-4966-AE58-F7FED940DE50.jpeg
Boom.

Hey guys little Sunday update! I re sprayed my water pipe and got in on:thumb:
E7554515-57A2-4277-A9A2-59A92DADA9E2.jpeg
Then I bolted on the jmf smim, the GEM.
E133D534-28B3-4EF6-B85A-FB7B764276D6.jpeg
400D93FA-0418-4A0E-833F-62A51C7A28D5.jpeg
Next I bolted on the motor mounts but no pics, my new timing belt tensioner/idler pulley show up Tuesday, then I’ll get her all timed up and get the timing cover on, after that I’m just waiting on my clutch kit and the motor/trans goes back in the car!:rocks::rocks::rocks:

What cams are we running in this bad boy???

There ya go. That will make her "purrrrrrr"
:sneaky:

That old car does purr. All stock, hit the key once and she fires right up. Very special car. Gets all kinds of attention when she is out! ;)

Time for a “boring” yet exciting update:rocks:. I’ve officially purchased a turbo after almost 2 years and as you can see from the build thread title it’s obvious LOL. I went with a much smaller turbo than what I thought I originally wanted, I don’t want a gutted “strace” car dsm. I want a clean, well rounded powerful street car. This is my first fully built set up and after lusting after COUNTLESS turbo set ups I settled on what I think is still a potent street combo. There’s a lot of 6266/s3 evo’s that jive very well together. I’m pretty excited about it, and for an added cherry on top, it’s not just an average gen 2dbb 6266, it’ll be a ocdworks T51r modded SS V band 6266 with a polished compressor housing:D, because Cars and Coffee LOL. I also purchased a SouthBend clutch kit from TMZ with no ETA in sight, Tim said from a supply chain issue, which includes ACT and Competition Clutch, as I noticed my ACT flywheel hasn’t shipped yet either, I told Tim I’m in no rush and appreciate the update.Anyways hope you guys have a great weekend, I can’t wait to post pictures of the turbo, stay TUNED:hellyeah:

I also purchased a SouthBend clutch kit from TMZ with no ETA in sight, Tim said from a supply chain issue, which includes ACT and Competition Clutch, as I noticed my ACT flywheel hasn’t shipped yet either, I told Tim I’m in no rush and appreciate the update.Anyways hope you guys have a great weekend, I can’t wait to post pictures of the turbo, stay TUNED:hellyeah:

I've been wondering about this for months. Kept noticing that the ACT web pages for DSM clutches were saying "out of stock".
Yeah, way back in April of 2020 I sent an email to Eric Weatherwax at ACT about it and he said "These should be back in stock in the next few days. I am showing a work order for 4/30/20."
Pretty funny.
So I may have missed a few months there but I'm thinking this has been a problem for a while. Wonder if they are sending limited stock to certain dealers or something like that.

I think some night when I'm too tired to do anything but watch vids on YouTube, I'm going to browse through T51R mod videos and hope to find one where the guy was using a good microphone!

Last edited:
Yeah I think it sounds pretty rad! I hope the clutch/flywheel doesn’t take too long LOL, but I’m over a year and a half into this build so another month or so won’t kill me, and there’s still plenty of other parts I can buy LOL

View attachment 633020Got my flywheel! I’m actually posting this to give a shout-out to stmtuned.com. I ordered this on Thursday night! I live in Wyoming and they’re in New York! This is the fastest I’ve ever gotten anything from them but they always deliver within 4-5 days after I order, unless it’s out of stock. I know a lot of people use extreme psi and that’s awesome, I just had to brag on my long time source LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back